Question on Passport/Birth certificate?

dustanltye

My wife and I got married in October of last year and haven't had her passport

changed to her last name....hadn't planned on taking a cruise anytime soon. recently we have decided to cruise Aug 1st out of port Canaveral and was wondering what is needed? Can we take her birth certificate and our marriage license and be safe? thanks so much for any and all help.

My wife and I are in the same situation, and I just booked the cruise using the name on her passport.

These days no one bats an eye when two people with different last names share a cabin.

To answer the original question, passport and marriage license are what is necessary. The birth certificate is not necessary as long as the name of your wife is what is on the marriage certificate.

You will need passport and marriage certificate to get through customs and boarding. You have to show a paper trail of the name change. They don't care how many different names are in a room you just have to have your booked name and the name on your identification documents match.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If the passport is in her maiden name and so is the booking, then no problem.

If the passport is in her maiden name and the booking is in her married name, then bring her birth certificate and marriage certificate.

You might think her birth certificate is not necessary, however, I read from a knowledgeable poster here that it is at the cruise line's discretion whether they would accept just the marriage cert and passport.