Do Celebrity Cater For Pescatarians?

Nightwish

No cruise lines are going to offer fresh fish. Have you ever seen fresh fish being loaded onto a vessel? You'd smell it from far away. Fresh fish is only fresh for a day. So it's impossible to have good "fresh" fish on the ship.

On another cruise line I saw fishing lines off the back of the ship at a tendered port... SOMEONE onboard was having "fresh" fish....

When fish is caught out at sea it is flash frozen. This is because the fisherman are staying out at sea for days at a time. It is not possible to keep it "fresh" and still have it marketable. So for those that don't want "frozen" fish, unless it is something you caught yourself it will likely have been frozen already. I have no problem with this. In fact, if a supermarket or restaurant claims that their fish has never been frozen, I would stay clear of that place.

On another cruise line I saw fishing lines off the back of the ship at a tendered port... SOMEONE onboard was having "fresh" fish....

When I cruised out of Ft Lauderdale I had all my fishing equipment packed with me as I spent two weeks in the Keys / Glades fishing after our trip.

I was tempted to throw a line off my balcony each and every day! :D

DD is lacto-ova but no fish or seafood. She generally has no trouble ordering off the menu -- nice selection of risottos and pasta dishes, which even if they normally "come" with meat, can be served without it. Sometime she will do multiple appitizers/salads/soups rather than an entre'. No problems at all in the buffet areas either. On one cruise our Indian head waiter "adopted" her and brought her vegetarian curries that he and/or one of the chefs were making especially for her ("try this, it is my grandmother's recipe")

When fish is caught out at sea it is flash frozen. This is because the fisherman are staying out at sea for days at a time. It is not possible to keep it "fresh" and still have it marketable. So for those that don't want "frozen" fish, unless it is something you caught yourself it will likely have been frozen already. I have no problem with this. In fact, if a supermarket or restaurant claims that their fish has never been frozen, I would stay clear of that place.

This!

Even the fish at the Japanese fish market auctions that go for tens of thousands of dollars are frozen.