7/19 Oasis! Will I see water?

It's so close I can taste it!!! We've watched every Youtube video at all our Starbucks Tuesday night coffee dates, read every review, read every comment, made the meticulous packing list, it's ALL we think about, all we talk about!!!!! All I have to do now is get through one last triathlon this Saturday and then it's time to start packing!!!!! Whoot! Whoot! One thing that has concerned me is the feeling that maybe we'll miss seeing the water as much on this ship (we do have an ocean view balcony) as so much of it is enclosed. Our previous 7 cruises at least had windows in most of the other venues on the ship so you could always catch a glimpse of the crystal blue beautiful sea. My DH assures me not to worry. What are your opinions about this? And I know, I could just walk to a railing, look over, and there it is---WATER! LOL I'm more talking about being inside and feeling confined. Know what I mean? ;)

Viking Crown is inside and still has expansive views of the ocean. The Solarium is not quite inside and has views forward and to the sides through the glass. The Boardwalk has views of the ocean aft.

We had a boardwalk balcony cabin on the Allure, and yes, we saw water!

The only place you'll forget you are at sea (in a good way) is when you are in the lovely Central Park or in the lively Promenade.

You will love Lady O, so relax, enjoy your balcony!

Thank! And thanks for not making fun of me for asking! And--WOW--BOB! I am honored that you responded to me! I see you comment all the time on CC! :)

I am a (mostly) non-discriminatory responder.;)

It's so close I can taste it!!! We've watched every Youtube video at all our Starbucks Tuesday night coffee dates, read every review, read every comment, made the meticulous packing list, it's ALL we think about, all we talk about!!!!! All I have to do now is get through one last triathlon this Saturday and then it's time to start packing!!!!! Whoot! Whoot! One thing that has concerned me is the feeling that maybe we'll miss seeing the water as much on this ship (we do have an ocean view balcony) as so much of it is enclosed. Our previous 7 cruises at least had windows in most of the other venues on the ship so you could always catch a glimpse of the crystal blue beautiful sea. My DH assures me not to worry. What are your opinions about this? And I know, I could just walk to a railing, look over, and there it is---WATER! LOL I'm more talking about being inside and feeling confined. Know what I mean? ;)

Oasis is an amazing ship.

Have fun.

Edited by LA_CA_GAL

Had a good cruise on Allure back in March but did notice that we felt more of a hotel vibe and less of a cruise vibe since we didn't see water as much as usual.

Not a problem just a different feel to the experience.

We were in a Park Balcony which probably contributed, used to seeing water from the balcony not our neighbors swim stuff drying on their balcony :)

Just got off the Oasis on Saturday and had the same worries leading up to the trip.

Unfortunately, those worries were a bit confirmed once we got on the ship. You cannot see water unless you're outside the ship or in the Windjammer or Viking Crown (which is a sadly underused lounge on the ship). Sure, you may be able to get a glimpse here and there (maybe a brief peek from inside past the AquaTheatre, but thats about it... and while there are windows in the MDR, the glass is intentionally warped to distort the view, and they're also blocked by the lifeboats). Another comment put it best, its like you're in a hotel.

That being said, by the end of the trip, you'll have spent so much time outside (be it up on deck, on the jogging track, near the AquaTheatre, or on your balcony) that you pretty much won't care.

Edited by Beardface

You are in for a treat, especially since you are a triathlete. The jogging track on deck 5 is like nothing I've ever seen on any ship. You will be quite close to the water (and lifeboats). I have a feeling this is going to be your favorite part of the ship.:)

I was going to suggest the outdoor promenade/jogging track too! (except that I thought it was on deck 4). Great place to be close to the ocean!

We spent a lot of time in the solarium too, on the upper lever by the bar. There are comfy seats there, and a great view of the ocean.

We also had a window table in the MDR, which is unusual on Oasis/Allure. We were assigned to the small "overflow" dining area outside the main MDR entrance on deck 4. While the view was wonderful, service in that part of the dining room was awful. So, I wouldn't recommend requesting a table there in order to have a view.

I was going to suggest the outdoor promenade/jogging track too! (except that I thought it was on deck 4). Great place to be close to the ocean! ...

Deck 4 on Voyager/Freedom. Deck 5 on Oasis class. Though the views on Oasis class are not as expansive as Voyager/Freedom class due to the lifeboats being in the way for a large part of the deck.

Edited by clarea

Love all your honest responses. Thanks! We'll love it, I'm sure with the new 'hotel vibe' or not. Ironically, I'll be taking a mid-season break from training so I won't see much of the gym and don't plan to do much running (yeah right--that's why I'm still packing my run gear--LOL), but will definitely do some walking on the track. I am so psyched and grateful to be able to go on vacation that I will not complain about a little less water. Just not my style. :)

To be honest, you'll see water if you want to see water. When on Decks 15, 16, or 17, you'll see water just like any other cruise ship. Otherwise, you'll need a balcony stateroom (which seems like 90% of the ship is anyway). After just sailing on Oasis, I can tell you that I saw the same amount of the sea that I've seen on almost any other cruise.