Oceana cruise with 3 kids

cruise1804

Dear All

Have enquired about a cruise with P&O for next Easter and price seems affordable, have been completely out priced on RC etc from Southampton or even fly cruise.

The cruise with P&O is a fly cruise but just wondered if anyone has taken 3 kids on this ship, we have only sailed with RC before and it's all very busy with loads to do but quite looking forward to a slightly quieter low key cruise. Is there enough to do for a 13,12 and 8 year old. Any advice/info on kids clubs, timings, what they do etc. Worried that children will be not welcome if its an older clientele on board, although this cruise is in the school holiday I'm assume there will be other kids on board.

Also concerned about flights, have read on here that they can fly you into Nice then have a 3 hour coach ride to get to port, wouldn't look forward to that much??

Anyway any information from families that have travelled on the Oceana would be fantastic.

My daughter and I went on Oceana when she was 9, 11 and 15. At 9 and 11 she had a wonderful time in the kids clubs and I rarely saw her. She made loads of friends and loved every minute of the cruises.

At 15 she found it a little more difficult though she did make a couple of friends, but not in the club. She found that as a teenager who is into alternative music and not pop and Big Brother she had little in common with the others her age.

At 9 and older they can sign themselves in and out of the clubs as they wish. younger children have to be signed in and out by parents.

Dear All

Have enquired about a cruise with P&O for next Easter and price seems affordable, have been completely out priced on RC etc from Southampton or even fly cruise.

The cruise with P&O is a fly cruise but just wondered if anyone has taken 3 kids on this ship, we have only sailed with RC before and it's all very busy with loads to do but quite looking forward to a slightly quieter low key cruise. Is there enough to do for a 13,12 and 8 year old. Any advice/info on kids clubs, timings, what they do etc. Worried that children will be not welcome if its an older clientele on board, although this cruise is in the school holiday I'm assume there will be other kids on board.

Also concerned about flights, have read on here that they can fly you into Nice then have a 3 hour coach ride to get to port, wouldn't look forward to that much??

Anyway any information from families that have travelled on the Oceana would be fantastic.

Anything you hear about flights this year may not be true next year as the ship being used Oceana is only two thirds the size of Ventura this years ship doing fly cruises. P&O kids clubs are one of the main selling points of the line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated. Our 13 year old who was 12 on last cruise didn't join in at all on RC cruise in March, he's really shy and no amount of encouragement from my or his Dad could get him to join in. I'm sure if it had been the case that he had to be signed in and out and not just turn up he would have joined in. He was fine though, just hung out with us.

I have read on P&O that only over 18's can sign kids out now I.e our younger two which is a shame because we used to send thier older brother to go and do that.

Does anyone have a timetable or anything for kids clubs? Or point me in direction of one. I know they will be different timings for different sailings, just wanted to get gist of set up.

Again thank you for replies

Hi.

We were on Oceana at Easter this year and had a great time (tbh, we've always had a great time on all P&O ships) I have 3 children - 15, 13 & 7. The rules on all P&O ships are changing (and had on Oceana this year) so that only the oldest group can sign themselves out (13+) All other groups require signing out by an adult.

Hope this helps.