Jason Bradbury explores Quantum of the Seas

Thanks for sharing. Never heard of Jason Bradbury, I'm assuming he's only in the UK. Kind of surprised he never mentioned Anthem considering this video was only posted on the Royal Caribbean UK channel.

Hate to break it to you but this video was a waste of time. We already know about this. All it was, was a recap of what they already talked about. Would of Been nice if they did a walk through the ship while under construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hate to break it to you but this video was a waste of time. We already know about this. All it was, was a recap of what they already talked about. Would of Been nice if they did a walk through the ship while under construction.

Yup. We've seen a lot recapping in videos and some reveals.

It was the first of the moving screens in 270. And the first I've seen of some planned scenes for shows there that look awesome. The first part was definitely all old news though and like get on with it.

Sent from iPhone using Cruise Critic App

Another waste of time video. If I see one video "revealing" things they've already revealed 8 times I will scream. :rolleyes: ...especially since there are still key aspects of this ship we know nothing about and it will be sailing in a few short months.

Edited by Dave85

These sort of videos are marketing videos not reveal videos. They are made to try and grab the attention of people who may not know much, if anything, about the Quantum Class.

With so many being made it makes me wonder if RCCL is having a problem selling cabins on Quantum/Anthem.

We certainly didn't have this sort of videos appearing for Oasis Class.

These sort of videos are marketing videos not reveal videos. They are made to try and grab the attention of people who may not know much, if anything, about the Quantum Class.

With so many being made it makes me wonder if RCCL is having a problem selling cabins on Quantum/Anthem.

I don't think it was even terribly effective as a marketing video. If they're having trouble selling cabins IMHO the most effective thing they could do is a "full reveal" video that touches on every aspect of what makes the ship cool. Dining, entertainment, seaplex, next generation ROYAL PROMENADE, etc. There's only so many videos you can make about the robots in 270... I mean, seriously...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I don't think they are having any trouble at all selling Quantum cabins. My sailing only has about 20% of categories left according to cfish and I'm sailing on one of, if not, the most expensive sailing. This class will be just fine.

I don't think it was even terribly effective as a marketing video. If they're having trouble selling cabins IMHO the most effective thing they could do is a "full reveal" video that touches on every aspect of what makes the ship cool. Dining, entertainment, seaplex, next generation ROYAL PROMENADE, etc. There's only so many videos you can make about the robots in 270... I mean, seriously...

My family are RCCL cruisers but not one of them could have told you anything about Quantum Class. But I sent the link to the video to some of them and they were like WOW what is this ship all about. I only sent them the link because I know they are geeky about techy stuff, otherwise they wouldn't even have opened the link...even if it was a full reveal. So for some, this sort of marketing video worked.

A partial reveal grabs more attention that a full reveal...it leaves people wanting more...they have got a sample but want a full plateful if you like.

I am guessing that is how their new team are thinking with regards to Quantum.

I know it is so darn flipping frustrating for those of us who are actually really fed up waiting to see all the ship has to offer but sadly RCCL are not going to tell us.

I board the Quantum in only 112 days and yes I get upset/frustrated/annoyed/fed up etc etc waiting for RCCL to fill in those darn More To Come spaces etc but RCCL will reveal all in their own time.

I do think though that perhaps in the future when new builds are being planned maybe RCCL will look back and see where they went wrong with Quantum, of course that is just my opinion. :o

I don't think they are having any trouble at all selling Quantum cabins.

People said the same when Oasis first opened for booking....it wasn't true. Wait until after final payment comes along then check to see how many cabins are left.

I am on the first two sailings, the Maiden and the Inaugural. Prices on Maiden dropped a while ago, the Inaugural prices are high but it will be interesting to see what they are like a few weeks before sailing.

So many cabins have been kept back on the Inaugural for VIPs, prizes for contests etc etc and a lot of TAs still have group space.

My family are RCCL cruisers but not one of them could have told you anything about Quantum Class. But I sent the link to the video to some of them and they were like WOW what is this ship all about. I only sent them the link because I know they are geeky about techy stuff, otherwise they wouldn't even have opened the link...even if it was a full reveal. So for some, this sort of marketing video worked.

A partial reveal grabs more attention that a full reveal...it leaves people wanting more...they have got a sample but want a full plateful if you like.

I am guessing that is how their new team are thinking with regards to Quantum.

I know it is so darn flipping frustrating for those of us who are actually really fed up waiting to see all the ship has to offer but sadly RCCL are not going to tell us.

I board the Quantum in only 112 days and yes I get upset/frustrated/annoyed/fed up etc etc waiting for RCCL to fill in those darn More To Come spaces etc but RCCL will reveal all in their own time.

I do think though that perhaps in the future when new builds are being planned maybe RCCL will look back and see where they went wrong with Quantum, of course that is just my opinion. :o

Good points. Folks be patient. More will be revealed in the coming weeks. Heck, float out is less than a month away.

People said the same when Oasis first opened for booking....it wasn't true. Wait until after final payment comes along then check to see how many cabins are left.

I am on the first two sailings, the Maiden and the Inaugural. Prices on Maiden dropped a while ago, the Inaugural prices are high but it will be interesting to see what they are like a few weeks before sailing.

So many cabins have been kept back on the Inaugural for VIPs, prizes for contests etc etc and a lot of TAs still have group space.

True, but for my sailing the price has increased exponentially to almost double what I originally booked it for so my thought is you don't raise prices if the sailing isn't selling. That makes zero business sense.

True, but for my sailing the price has increased exponentially to almost double what I originally booked it for so my thought is you don't raise prices if the sailing isn't selling. That makes zero business sense.

The prices have risen because there are deposits on lots of the cabins,so with less cabins available prices go up. Supply and demand.

The prices have risen because there are deposits on lots of the cabins,so with less cabins available prices go up. Supply and demand.

Right. We'll know A LOT more at final payment when the TAs hoarding group blocks release their cabins back into the pool.

I guess we'll see in a few weeks. Some of you assume the TA's haven't been able to sell their blocks. My TA sold hers out late last year. I know the final payments for the November sailings are coming up in a few weeks.

Edited by Babyrocko1908

Thanks for sharing. Never heard of Jason Bradbury, I'm assuming he's only in the UK. Kind of surprised he never mentioned Anthem considering this video was only posted on the Royal Caribbean UK channel.

Jason Bradbury is from uk he's on a show The Gadget Show. All they test out all new gadgets & technology. Quite a popular show here in uk.

When I read the title "explores" I was more hoping he would do an inside walk through of quantum what's constructions looks like on the inside. very disappointed

That was my thought too when I saw it... That's why I clicked on it!

Jason Bradbury is from uk he's on a show The Gadget Show. All they test out all new gadgets & technology. Quite a popular show here in uk.

Don't think he has done himself any favours here, nothing worse than somebody who you respect for independent opinion doing paid "reviews".