Breakaway B1 large aft balcony or B6 large balcony?

jewel326

I hate being indecisive! Looking at the 8/17 sailing. I'm going to need two cabins next to each other. We do enjoy spending time on the balcony. Is it worth an extra $864 to get the B1 aft balconies or just stick with the large B6? Aft balcony would be deck 12. Large balcony deck 9 forward. Any input appreciated. This will be our first time on the Breakaway. Thanks.

Hi there! I'm on the 8/17 sailing and just secured a B6 so I had the exact same decision to make yesterday (only one cabin though, not two).

Firstly, I absolutely LOVE AFT cabins. I've sailed in an aft many times (although never on the breakaway). I love looking at the wake and I especially love the ability to place a lounge chair on the balcony. I've been known to drift off to sleep there many times.

On the 8/17 cruise, the difference in price between an aft balcony and a B6 is currently $390.00 per person. For roughly $800.00 in savings, we opted for the B6. I'll miss my wake but still get a lounger. It's rare that there are 15 plus aft cabins available for a sailing in a few weeks; but I suspect people feel the same as I do in terms of the savings.

FYI: I've been watching B6 cabins for a few weeks. Cabin 9734 is always available but cabin 9732 keeps coming in and out of the que. If you decide on a B6, I'd have your agent check for 9732 availability and grab those two before the adjoining cabins that are available further forward. My guess is someone keeps doing a complimentary hold on 9732 so you should be able to snag it.

Hope that helps, please let us know what you decide :)

Hi there! I'm on the 8/17 sailing and just secured a B6 so I had the exact same decision to make yesterday (only one cabin though, not two).

Firstly, I absolutely LOVE AFT cabins. I've sailed in an aft many times (although never on the breakaway). I love looking at the wake and I especially love the ability to place a lounge chair on the balcony. I've been known to drift off to sleep there many times.

On the 8/17 cruise, the difference in price between an aft balcony and a B6 is currently $390.00 per person. For roughly $800.00 in savings, we opted for the B6. I'll miss my wake but still get a lounger. It's rare that there are 15 plus aft cabins available for a sailing in a few weeks; but I suspect people feel the same as I do in terms of the savings.

FYI: I've been watching B6 cabins for a few weeks. Cabin 9734 is always available but cabin 9732 keeps coming in and out of the que. If you decide on a B6, I'd have your agent check for 9732 availability and grab those two before the adjoining cabins that are available further forward. My guess is someone keeps doing a complimentary hold on 9732 so you should be able to snag it.

Hope that helps, please let us know what you decide :)

Thanks for the input! I been forward & I've been midship but never aft. I've always wanted to try it but not sure it's worth another $800. If it was just one cabin I'd be more inclined to just go for it. Still thinking it over.

Thanks for the tip on 9732. I'll keep my eyes open for it.

I hate being indecisive! Looking at the 8/17 sailing. I'm going to need two cabins next to each other. We do enjoy spending time on the balcony. Is it worth an extra $864 to get the B1 aft balconies or just stick with the large B6? Aft balcony would be deck 12. Large balcony deck 9 forward. Any input appreciated. This will be our first time on the Breakaway. Thanks.

FYI I'm pretty sure you won't be able to open balcony dividers especially while at sea.

For what it's worth, we took the $800.00 savings and booked a hotel in Manhattan for 3 days pre-cruise. Made the decision MUCH easier!! I do love the aft though, and struggled with the decision also :). Please try to post what you decide. Who knows, maybe we'll be B6 neighbors :)

For what it's worth, we took the $800.00 savings and booked a hotel in Manhattan for 3 days pre-cruise. Made the decision MUCH easier!! I do love the aft though, and struggled with the decision also :). Please try to post what you decide. Who knows, maybe we'll be B6 neighbors :)

Right now I'm holding 9732 & 9734 (thanks for the tip!). I had looked at those the other day then as you mentioned one of them was gone so I was going to move more forward but good news I didn't have to. I'm going to talk to my husband about it again tonight. $800 is a lot of money just to get more balcony space. If it came with some other "perks" I'd be more apt to splurge.

We'll most likely drive to the port in the early a.m. since we're only about 4 1/2 hrs. away. Still toying with the idea of a 1 night pre-cruise stay but it would be outside the city.

I'm also on this sailing. We looked at the AFT as well but chose an angled balcony on Deck 12 instead. The way we looked at it is that the entire time you are docked in Bermuda, you could face out to sea or the Celebrity ship may be facing right into your balcony so little privacy. I have also read that there is very little air movement in the aft when docked.

Right now I'm holding 9732 & 9734 (thanks for the tip!). .

Glad you were able to hold them. I saw them disappear from the que and thought it might be you ;-). If you end up in those cabins we'll be neighbors :)

Cruisin07: Congrats on the angled balcony. We looked at those too. If they fit a lounger I'd have positively booked one; as I feel they are one of the better deals on the ship. Unfortunately, I've gotten in the habit of falling asleep under the stars, with the sound of the ocean, in the lounger and then dragging myself to bed in the middle of the night. Pure heaven for me: Everyone else thinks I'm nuts.

PS: Hilarious you brought up looking at the aft of Summit. I actually considered this too when debating about an aft cabin. I told my boyfriend I've already spent a day staring at the aft end of the Summit in San Juan and didn't want to pay to do it for 3 days in Bermuda. :).

Sail-away is getting closer!! The webcam today in Bermuda is blissful :)

Glad you were able to hold them. I saw them disappear from the que and thought it might be you ;-). If you end up in those cabins we'll be neighbors :)

Looks like we'll be neighbors BermudaBound2014! I paid in full earlier so no backing out now. :) Are we literally neighbors with you in 9730 or are you just in the general vicinity? You can PM me if you'd rather not say publicly. If you're in 9730 you're either going to have hubby & I next to you or the kids (both teens). Not sure who will be in each cabin. No worries though we're all quiet!

I guess I better start doing some planning. It's very unusual for me to book something so close to travel date. I guess the good news is I've been to Bermuda before (years ago) so at least I know what to expect. We know we'll do Tobacco Bay but maybe we'll just wing the rest.

I can't figure out how to PM you, but let's just say we're going to be very close neighbors!! I'm excited for you :)

Cool. I joined the roll call thread too which I see you're already in. Look forward to maybe seeing you out on the balcony!