Waitlisted for Anytime Dining

mia10010

Hi. We just booked a last minute cruise on the Splendor leaving on August 4. We requested Anytime Dining, but were told that we would be placed on the wait-list because it is full. It's not a problem, since we booked last minute and we are just happy to be going on the cruise.

I was surprised that anytime dining was full because I thought most people preferred the set dining times, but I guess it is more popular than I thought.

Has anyone that was wait-listed had any luck getting this dining option approved on board? Also, how will we know if we get approved for this dining option, do they call or send an e-mail or do we find out on the day of the cruise? We are a party of six if that matters.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

I just had anytime dining on the Pride. Although we liked the idea of going to dinner when we pleased, I would not do it again. We all thought the service was wayyyy under par. Our opinion was that the servers knew they wouldn't see us again so they just didn't care. The food was cold every night. We only got bar service one night and I always bought those little shots because I like the glasses. No go this year. So consider yourself lucky. At least in my opinion.

I don't mind the early dining time for this itinerary, but I like your time dining because you don't have to share a table with strangers. We are a party of six which includes four kids so it is easier to have our own table. If I knew that we could sit alone with the early dining, then that would be perfect. Either way it is not a big issue.

Hi. We just booked a last minute cruise on the Splendor leaving on August 4. We requested Anytime Dining, but were told that we would be placed on the wait-list because it is full. It's not a problem, since we booked last minute and we are just happy to be going on the cruise.

I was surprised that anytime dining was full because I thought most people preferred the set dining times, but I guess it is more popular than I thought.

Has anyone that was wait-listed had any luck getting this dining option approved on board? Also, how will we know if we get approved for this dining option, do they call or send an e-mail or do we find out on the day of the cruise? We are a party of six if that matters.

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Its not just Splendor doing this. I was really shocked to also be waitlisted for ATD on one week of my back to back cruise not only because it is ATD but also because I am platinum and on a back to back. So I'm wondering if they are going to make me do 2 different dining rooms on what is for me is the same cruise! I'm going to go to the maître d' when I get on board if they don't correct this before the cruse.

Edited by Jana60

I was wait listed for anytime dining on my last cruise because I booked it a week out. I got an email a day later saying I was confirmed for it but I am also Platinum.

I was wait listed for anytime dining on my last cruise because I booked it a week out. I got an email a day later saying I was confirmed for it but I am also Platinum.

That's the kicker. I did the same thing. That's one nice perk.

Anytime dining is in one or part of one dining room. So that time fills up first. Next is early and late is last to fill. I see a lot of people at early dining sort of float in. Sometimes almost an hour late. That really messes things up. The waiters and other guests don't like it. But they allow it. People are on vacation and do what they want.

mia: As a party of 6 with kids I think the chances of anyone being sat with you in MDR are slim to none. First off it would most likely be a party of 2. Most parties of 2 are 2 adults. The matre d is not going to put 2 adults with your family because you HAVE kids. If you really want to make sure see the matre d in the dining room and tell him that you do not want to ruin anyone elses vacation and want to sit just your family. They will think you are the one being considerate of others and change it immediately. i would bet money on it.

mia: As a party of 6 with kids I think the chances of anyone being sat with you in MDR are slim to none. First off it would most likely be a party of 2. Most parties of 2 are 2 adults. The matre d is not going to put 2 adults with your family because you HAVE kids. If you really want to make sure see the matre d in the dining room and tell him that you do not want to ruin anyone elses vacation and want to sit just your family. They will think you are the one being considerate of others and change it immediately. i would bet money on it.

That is exactly why I wanted our own table. Kids like to annoy each other from time to time:eek:, and I would not want to subject anyone else to that. Heck if I could have a separate table I would LOL.

We just returned from an 8-day on Liberty. Waitlisted from the day we booked until we got on board 60 days later. A quick visit with the maitre 'd after embarkation lunch got us on his list, too. We received a note in our cabin the second day that we were approved for ATD.

If you dont get it see MD afternoon when you get onto the ship.

This ^^.

Just try to get there at the beginning. You will have a better chance of getting what you want.

Unfortunately being Platinum doesn't always help. This past April we booked a cruise within 2 weeks and didn't get ATD. We got Late dining. I made sure I was at the beginning of the line to see the Maitre d' to get the dining time changed. And on a cruise a few years ago, a couple who were Platinum booked within a few weeks of sailing and didn't their preferred dining time (before ATD was a choice). When they went to see the Maitre d' after embarking, there was already a very long line and they weren't able to change times. We saw them eating dinner at the Buffet.

Anytime dining is becoming more and more popular so it fills up fast. I am in a similar position. I just booked a cruise 3 weeks ago for a cruise on July 27th. I asked for Anytime Dining and I was told that it was full.....about 3 days after I booked the cruise I received an email saying that my request for Anytime Dining was honored

I just booked our August 23rd cruise 2 days ago and we were wait listed for YTD. I got an email the next day to confirm that we got it. It's just 2 of us so it might be easier to accommodate us.

Hope you can get YTD for your cruise. Enjoy!

I just had anytime dining on the Pride. Although we liked the idea of going to dinner when we pleased, I would not do it again. We all thought the service was wayyyy under par. Our opinion was that the servers knew they wouldn't see us again so they just didn't care. The food was cold every night. We only got bar service one night and I always bought those little shots because I like the glasses. No go this year. So consider yourself lucky. At least in my opinion.

You can request to be placed with the same waiter group with any time dining, and they know this. I refuse to believe all of your servers did not care. There must have been other things going on.

Back on the original topic, I was waitlisted for any time dining on my first cruise in March. I sent an email to the MD beforehand, but I never heard back. It turns out that something was done, because I got my key card with ATD.

ATD may fill quickly because not much space is devoted to it - just one of four MTDs on the Valor, for example, and the smallest one at that. I think eventually those wanting ATD will take up more and more space.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay... we were on a waiting list for the anytime dining. When we got our sail cards it showed as the the anytime.

I loved the anytime Dining! Of course their was 10 of us, 4 adults and the rest kids, and we were seated pretty much in the same area all 4 nights. I enjoyed getting to sit somewhere different each time. Plus, we never had to wait in line to be seated. We got right in and sat down. There was never no rush or anything. I will choose this option again the next time we cruise. Good luck with yours!