Sonesta Former B Ocean?

bling19572010

I understand that B Ocean is now Sonesta. Has anyone stayed there recently and how was it? Is the location good for a one night stay before our cruise? We're looking for a nice, clean hotel for one accessible room and one room with 2 queen beds. Where exactly is it located and are the restaurants/shops close by? Thank you!

I understand that B Ocean is now Sonesta. Has anyone stayed there recently and how was it? Is the location good for a one night stay before our cruise? We're looking for a nice, clean hotel for one accessible room and one room with 2 queen beds. Where exactly is it located and are the restaurants/shops close by? Thank you!

Which city? If you are asking about Fort Lauderdale, it is a fantastic hotel in a fantastic location. Across the street from the beach, just over the bridge from the Galleria Mall which has a Trulucks, Seasons 52, Capitol Grill, PF Changs, Blue Martini and a ton of other dining.

If it isn't Fort Lauderdale, I have no idea.

Which city? If you are asking about Fort Lauderdale, it is a fantastic hotel in a fantastic location. Across the street from the beach, just over the bridge from the Galleria Mall which has a Trulucks, Seasons 52, Capitol Grill, PF Changs, Blue Martini and a ton of other dining.

If it isn't Fort Lauderdale, I have no idea.

It's Ft. Lauderdale. Thank you!

It is a pretty nice hotel and is very convenient to the Galleria Mall and CVS Drug Store and also a Publix located across the bridge on Sunshine. More convenient to go that direction than the long walk down to Beach Place area and other shops and restaurants. We stayed there a few years ago when it was the Holiday Inn Beach Hotel before it was remodeled and named the B Ocean.

We stayed there one night pre-cruise (as B Ocean). I would say it is a higher end hotel. The location was nice as the other posters have said.

We typically stay at the Embassy Suites so for us this was maybe $10 extra in cab fare from the airport and to the port.

I would stay there if the price was right.

If you need an accessible room, I wonder what "close by" means. There are a few very casual restaurants and bars and beach shops on the block. Galleria Mall is a few blocks away and has nicer places to eat.

I heard last night that Sonesta was taking over B Ocean. I have never stayed there, but I like the hotel lobby and pool atmosphere. I have eaten at Saia, the sushi restaurant adjacent to the lobby, and it is very good.

• 2 weeks later...

We are here right now. It's a nice hotel. We took a cab from FLL. No lines for the cab. Cost was under $25. It just a basic hotel room. No coffee pot. No fridge. We got 2 twin beds. Very nice. We were warned that there is a party going on until 11pm on the top floor and we may here the music on our floor. It's 920 now and still quiet. We do hear people walking to there rooms. It's just across the street from the beach. Few stores and restaurants next to the hotel. Pizza Thai restaurant and a subway. We walked to the mall. Easy walk. Publix is across the street from the mall. It's really humid here. Going to try to hit up the flea market tomorrow. Going to take the bus there. Hope that helps.