What time do you like to get to the pier

Usually 8-830. We like to get on asap, so we usually get group 1, we don't carry anything but a backpack on. This let's us hit the cheers table and put cash on our sign and sail quickly. Since we do cash acccounts, and the line is 4 decks long and high in the afternoon, we would rather hang out at the terminal waiting, and get everything taken care of fast onboard.

Oh and that's when family can drop us off ;-)

Edited by pbsteve

10:30-11. It depends on what time the hotel shuttles start running. We try to get on one of the first ones. We figure the quicker we get there, the quicker the cruise starts. We paid for the whole day so why not make it a whole day. We don't buy movie tickets and show up half way through it so why would we do it for a cruise.

I'm one who likes to get there early... get processed in VIP... then sit and talk with "new friends" or find/run into old friends.

In Galveston, I try to arrive about 9:00-9:30. Park and head to the terminal when they open at 10-10:30. Many times I have been first in line, waiting for them to man the security stations.

Sometime after 1 pm. Drop off bags earlier in the morning and go explore the town/city. Drop off the car, either walk to the port or catch the shuttle, then check in with no lines, walk on the ship, drop carry-ons in our cabin and go grab some lunch. No lines on lido at that time because they are all going to their cabins and unloading which we have already done. Don't like waiting around in a huge crowded room with people angry they can't get on the ship.

Since we don't live near a port, we are always in a hotel the night before. We like to sleep in til 8-9, then get to the port around 10 or 10:30. We have FTTF so we get to board fairly soon after they start. As you stated, it is either wait at the hotel or wait at the port. Either way even with waiting, just the idea of being on vacation makes waiting not an issue at all.

Planning on getting to the next one early, probably 8:30-9ish. It'll be fun to people watch and guess peoples stories.

Great point! This is also something hubby and I like to do. Though we tend to make up ridiculous stories for people lol

As late as possible. No lines and you can go right to your cabin. Yeah I might miss lunch but so what. To me the vacation starts that morning when I get to sleep in. Getting up early and rushing to play in traffic or stand in line does not appeal to me.

I am with you! Relax at hotel, nice meal then 1pm at the pier....no lines and straight to the lido bars. :D

Depends on where we are leaving from but usually by noon. Last cruise we drove to our daughters and she drove us to the ship.

Since we were flying home (repositioning cruise) our car needed to end up at the airport and she took care of that.

On the way to the pier we decided to have breakfast together and enjoyed the morning. (Didn't forget about the ship as it was just across the river.)

Boarding ended up being delayed and by the time we arrived, after 12:30, we were still early.

As long as you show up in time to board everything else will fall into place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From Key West, so usually leave out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale. We've always gone up the day before because with a 2 lane road, it can be closed because of an accident for an entire day. We've always checked out of the hotel at 10 & headed straight to the port. Now that we're VIP, we don't have to aim for a #1 group & we wait in the VIP room. Like others, we'd rather wait at the port than in the hotel. We tend to be early risers anyway.:rolleyes: