Issued a new VIFP#

MaraBerk

Just got a price drop

And they changed your vifp number... that's strange, I'd check online and see if every thing is still there... then I'd check sales under both vifp numbers see if there's a better deal for one.

I just received an email from carnival with a new VIFP# anyone else?

Go online and sign in and make sure all of your past cruises are listed under that new VIFP#. I definitely would doublecheck that everything transferred to the new number.

For the past 9 months, I've been dealing with Carnival changing 3 of the 4 VIFP#'s in my family. I'm Platinum and they lost my cruise history. It's been such an ordeal getting things straightened out. They told me they couldn't put my cruise history back unless I had every booking number ( I did, but just what if I didn't?). Just ridiculous. I didn't get an email with a new VIFP#, I just wasn't able to book a cruise under Past Guest either on the phone or online with them because they said I wasn't a Past Guest. Now, I have three of the four of us straightened out, still trying to get the fourth one correct. But 3 of us have new VIFP#'s.

This is a good lesson for everyone. After each cruise i bring up my history and print out the updated info. Who would have thought that carnival would say they can not find your past cruise. That will never happen to me.

This is a good lesson for everyone. After each cruise i bring up my history and print out the updated info. Who would have thought that carnival would say they can not find your past cruise. That will never happen to me.

This is exactly what I do now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks everyone!

Pbsteve great thinking ;-) I checked both same deals

Nodogkisses I printed out my previous history as a back up

Jillbu I've mentally prepared myself for many minutes on hold and spending a great portion of my day on the phone tomorrow trying to get things straightened out

I just had to clear up my sisters VIFP account with Carnival. Apparently they had her down for three different VIFP numbers on her three cruises. The upcoming cruise would make her Gold, so we wanted no problems once onboard, although she stated that the onboard system had her cruises labeled/noted correctly when she sailed last/this month, even though the online cruise manager didn't. So thats all straightened out with the correct number of cruises being listed, and she kept the VIFP number that she had while on her cruise this month. I'm glad I keep everyones booking numbers, VIFP numbers, cabins, cabin mates, ship sailed, sailing dates, etc. under their contact information which would have made it easier to prove if a problem arose.

I also save my S&S cards. It's fun to go back and look at them and remember the good times :)

• 3 months later...
I have been trying to get mine straightened out as well. I will never get rid of old Sail and Sign cards now because it has been a hassle getting my gold status.

After 6 months of searching in my house for proof of a cruise 9 years ago, I found my card yesterday and got the correct credit this morning. I thought for sure it was lost. I have 24 now and will be gold on the first night so will i be considered gold upon checking in?

After 6 months of searching in my house for proof of a cruise 9 years ago, I found my card yesterday and got the correct credit this morning. I thought for sure it was lost. I have 24 now and will be gold on the first night so will i be considered gold upon checking in?

Yep! Congrats and I always save my S&S cards for this purpose too. Just in case.

Yep! Congrats and I always save my S&S cards for this purpose too. Just in case.

I have all my cards from every cruise I've ever taken, as well as a current printout of my 20 Carnival cruises. I used double stick tape on the back of the cards and have them fastened to the side of my refrigerator. The front door is reserved for magnet souvenirs from all of the ports and resorts I've visited.

Well, thanks to this thread I've just finished creating a spreadsheet detailing my cruise history, with booking numbers, VIFP numbers, sail dates, ships, etc. Hopefully this situation never happens to me, but if it does I'll be prepared.

We had all that, but they insisted, still wanted proof in the form the following:

Payment receipt

Boarding pass

Cruise docs

Sail & sign card

Sail & sign statement

Embarkation photo with ship and current photo id.

I have 5 cruises with carnival and 5 with ncl, never thought id do carnival again so didnt save statements. I'll hit gold on first day. Better policy than ncl.

We had all that, but they insisted, still wanted proof in the form the following:

Payment receipt

Boarding pass

Cruise docs

Sail & sign card

Sail & sign statement

Embarkation photo with ship and current photo id.

I have 5 cruises with carnival and 5 with ncl, never thought id do carnival again so didnt save statements. I'll hit gold on first day. Better policy than ncl.

Wow, seriously? I would've imagined booking numbers and sail dates would be enough. Thanks for the heads up, I'll start digging up the things you listed just to be safe.

I've only sailed with them once (in 2012) and they already lost my initial cruise from my VIFP number. How did I have a previous VIFP number if I hadn't already sailed???

I have a VIFP and I haven't cruised Carnival before. It was given to me when I booked my first Carnival cruise for April. I am guessing since I cruised Princess in the past, I was considered a past customer. Really not sure. The agent did ask me what lines I had cruised on when I was booking.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...
I have a VIFP and I haven't cruised Carnival before. It was given to me when I booked my first Carnival cruise for April. I am guessing since I cruised Princess in the past, I was considered a past customer. Really not sure. The agent did ask me what lines I had cruised on when I was booking.

Sue

Sailing Princess wouldn't have anything to do with Carnival's VIFP#. If you book a cruise or just sign up on their website you will be issued a number.

Sent from my iPad using Forums