Next Cruise--Transfer to TA?

Is there a time limit for when we can transfer a Next Cruise to a travel agent? The agent I was speaking with (only the second time I've attempted to book with an agent) said that she can't use the NC certificates we purchased in June 2013. Does that sound right?

Is there a time limit for when we can transfer a Next Cruise to a travel agent? The agent I was speaking with (only the second time I've attempted to book with an agent) said that she can't use the NC certificates we purchased in June 2013. Does that sound right?

You have 60 days after the NC is first assigned to a cruise.

Maybe the NC is not already "owned" by the agent? In other words, if the NC is "owned" by you, then you could book the cruise directly with Royal and then transfer to the agent.

Edited by clarea

We bought ncc's on our January 2014 cruise, with the intention of using them when we booked our 2016 cruise. When the January 2016 itineraries came out in April our TA, who was not the TA with whom we booked our 2014 cruise, had us book the cruise through RCI then transfer the reservation to him. Worked like a charm. We got the cabin we wanted, the OBC. from the MCPC, plus the OBC from the TA.

It matters because heyabbott asked a question he is obviously interested in knowing the answer to for whatever reason.

:-)

Thanks. Curious to what their commission is since I can book the cruise myself on line, select my stateroom and dining options.

Is there anything my travel can do that I can't? I doubt they can get me a better deal than my active law enforcement/military discount

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. Curious to what their commission is since I can book the cruise myself on line, select my stateroom and dining options.

Is there anything my travel can do that I can't? I doubt they can get me a better deal than my active law enforcement/military discount

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A TA can book blocks of cabins (same thing as booking groups) that are often at a lower rate than the standard rate you would get booking directly with the cruise line and they can also offer extra perks like on board credits with these blocks of cabins.