What do other night owls do?

lannek

We will be on the Avalon Felicity next September. I'm curious to know if areas of the boat can be used late at night. In particular, computer desk or the lounge to sit and a read book. Are any of the crew still up past 11pm? There are a couple of ports where we will be either docked overnight or after midnight sailings. For lack of a better word, is there a curfew? Thanks for any input.

We will be on the Avalon Felicity next September. I'm curious to know if areas of the boat can be used late at night. In particular, computer desk or the lounge to sit and a read book. Are any of the crew still up past 11pm? There are a couple of ports where we will be either docked overnight or after midnight sailings. For lack of a better word, is there a curfew? Thanks for any input.

No curfew and yes you can use the lounge round the clock. I am always up around 5am and not the only one there drinking coffee and waking up.

We choose itineraries with overnights in port so we can enjoy the local area after dinner.

We've found that the main desk is open 24 hours and other areas like the lounge and 2nd deck center area - computer, "library", coffee/tea station - is also always open.

I too am an early riser on trips - not that sleeping isn't comfortable - but I'm a "big kid" at heart and don't want to miss anything! I can always sleep at home for free! Love the ship since I can sneak out of our cabin early in a robe/caftang & slippers without waking DH and do my e-mailing & read the "paper" (Viking has their versions of ones from different countries) while enjoying my early morning coffee - and I'm never alone!! I usually bring a Cup of coffee back to him!

We've also often closed the lounge at night - piano & bar are usually open till the last guests leave! And there's couches, chairs & low tables in the lounge as we'll as regular table & chair set-ups for eating or playing cards/games.

Enjoy your trip!!!!

My wife is an avid bridge player and she can usually find enough players for a table or two. She usually has a 8 1/2 x 11 poster made up for the bulletin board with our cabin number to contact. There are usually a couple of out of the way tables in the lounge that you can stake a claim to. The ship should have cards, but they may be poker sized. They will probably not have bidding boxes. You usually don't have that much idle time, but there is enough for a few hours.