Room

mlogan177

Glad to see someone ask.

Mini is really a deluxe balcony. Slightly more room,and ever so slightly. I can not speak for the 3 newest ships, but the others have a tub vs shower - though I would prefer the shower. No biggie.

Biggest difference for us is the drape between bed and sitting area. Great if you have different sleeping patterns.

NO extra perks. It is not a suite.

Depends on the ship. Basically mini suite is just a deluxe balcony that is at least a little big bigger, but on some ships there is a wider couch, curtain to separate the sleeping and living area, noticably bigger bathroom, etc.

Whether you should spend more money is totally up to you, you didn't provide any information about other variables (which ship, how many people in the cabin, price difference, etc) so it is impossible to help you with that question.

It really does depend on the ship and how many of you there are.

We usually book a mini suite on the Epic, as it's never much more expensive. If there was much of a difference we probably wouldn't bother.

On the Jewel ships, a mini suite is almost essential, as I like to sit on the balcony at night after our son has gone to bed. That is apparently quite difficult to do in a balcony room as the sofa bed blocks the balcony.

If you give more specifics about the ship, how many of you there are, and what the price difference is then you will get more useful advice.

Like everything else, cabin preference is subjective. For me, I don't think the extra cost is worth the little difference. Of course it's usually only me and spouse in the cabin.

If it was just two of us, I don't think I'd even consider a mini suite.

On the Jewel class ships...and the Sun, we really like a mini. On the Getaway recently we just booked a regular balcony because of the very little difference between mini and regular. Which ship are you thinking about?

I haven't been on the Breakaway. However, if....the rooms are the same design as on the Getaway, I might go the extra bucks and get a deck 8 mini suite with the big, big balcony. Otherwise, the room differences are just not enough different to make it worth the price difference to me...for two persons. Although the Breakaway and Getaway are very nice, large ships with lots to do, the cabins, and especially the balconies on the balcony or mini suite cabins are not very big. They are adequate, but just not what we've had on the other ships.

Like everything else, cabin preference is subjective. For me, I don't think the extra cost is worth the little difference. Of course it's usually only me and spouse in the cabin.

Also agree with roger001----BA cabins and balconies are small to start with. Our OV room was more spacious ( more open spaces) than our friends family mini, both only two people. Only real difference was couch and tub, and we like shower better,

IMHO not worth the extra money at all. Would rather spend the money on other things

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app