Celebrity Blue Lagoon trip - Iceland

Jo and Rob

Does anyone know if the robes are provided on the blue lagoon trip? On the Blue Lagoon website you can pay extra for a robe and slippers and nothing is mentioned about whether it is included on the Celebrity website. I'm assuming a towel will be provided as it doesn't mention a towel on the what to bring on the excursion information. It does mention a lightweight cover up for the swimming costume???? It is Iceland!!

I would also like to know if the mud is included or whether you swipe your wristband to pay for that.

many thanks

We did this tour ourselves. Robes were extra, so I would think they are not covered.

If you are only there a short time, a robe is not really necessary. The distance between the changing room and lagoon is really quite small. You have to shower fully, without swimwear before you enter the lagoon, so you are wet and chilly (we took our celebrity towels). Got straight in.

Weirdly once you have been in, it didn't seem so cold when you got in.

Claire

I think you hire towels at the blue lagoon but celebrity may have included it in their price. The silica mud is in pots at various points around the lagoon and is free, do not get it in your hair as it can make it really dry.

Yes you should shower without your swim wear but I have seen many people not do it and nobody complains.

You walk down some steps into a small pool and then go through a plastic door out into the main lagoon

I think you hire towels at the blue lagoon but celebrity may have included it in their price. The silica mud is in pots at various points around the lagoon and is free, do not get it in your hair as it can make it really dry.

Yes you should shower without your swim wear but I have seen many people not do it and nobody complains.

You walk down some steps into a small pool and then go through a plastic door out into the main lagoon

Did you do the trip independently? I'm wondering why the transportation trip is 3 hours 30 mins and the all included is 4 hours.

Did you try the face mask from the bar? How rocky was the ground?

Are there any areas not to be missed while we are there?

I worked for an Icelandic holiday company so on my 6 trips there I went a number Of times. From Reykjavik to blue lagoon is around 50min drive.

I just did the free silica mud and placed it on arms and face.

The ground can be rocky in some places and can get deeper suddenly. In regards to must sees it isn't a massive place, you can walk / swim round it in 10 mins. A lot of people like the 'waterfall' areas but also each area is naturally a different temperature so it may be what feels comfortable.

Any further Iceland questions let me know :-)

We did this trip last month, yes it is rocky just take your time and relax and enjoy,nope the robes are not included,also listen to the holiday rep about the clothes lockers you need to be mastermind to understand how to lock them.

Did the Celebrity trip robes not included, we used beach towels from the ship as did everyone on the trip. There is no need for robes - you also have plenty of outdoor hangers if you want to put your own top/towel there

Only used the mud provided free by the pool

It is very important as dinky said to listen to the instructions of the guide re using the lockers. Many who did not wasted a lot of trip time working them out.

All in all we had about 90 mins in the lagoon water which was more than enough time for us to do all we wanted to

the lockers are not too hard really. you put your stuff in the locker and then hold your bracelet against the central pad area (think it had a lightening design) and it will lock your locker and flash the number up. to unlock you do the same.

I would do the trip myself, as stated it was about 45-50 minutes there and getting there early meant it so was much quieter and enjoyable. Temperature did vary and you can find a comfy spot. The floor was a little rocky right by the steps but otherwise when I went right round (I did several times) it was fine with bare feet

Also take note which section of lockers you put your clothes in as it can look like a maze and I saw some very confused people just wandering around to try an remember where they had left their items.

I worked for an Icelandic holiday company so on my 6 trips there I went a number Of times. From Reykjavik to blue lagoon is around 50min drive.

I just did the free silica mud and placed it on arms and face.

The ground can be rocky in some places and can get deeper suddenly. In regards to must sees it isn't a massive place, you can walk / swim round it in 10 mins. A lot of people like the 'waterfall' areas but also each area is naturally a different temperature so it may be what feels comfortable.

Any further Iceland questions let me know :-)

Fantastic to have an Iceland Guru on the boards! We are doing the Golden Circle trip the day before. Am I right in thinking we will need waterproofs for the spray of the Gullfoss Waterfall?

We have lunch included at the Restaurant Geyser. Any idea what that would be and if a drink is included (or tap water available)?. How frequently does the Geyser spurt out water? Are there restrictions about how close to it you can get?

Our last stop is the Þingvellir National Park. I would be very interested to know what the highlights of the park are and what to particularly to look out for.

As we have two trips booked we are not intending to change any currency for Iceland as we have our credit card. Out of interest will places accept euros, dollars or pounds?

Fantastic to have an Iceland Guru on the boards! We are doing the Golden Circle trip the day before. Am I right in thinking we will need waterproofs for the spray of the Gullfoss Waterfall?

We have lunch included at the Restaurant Geyser. Any idea what that would be and if a drink is included (or tap water available)?. How frequently does the Geyser spurt out water? Are there restrictions about how close to it you can get?

Our last stop is the Þingvellir National Park. I would be very interested to know what the highlights of the park are and what to particularly to look out for.

As we have two trips booked we are not intending to change any currency for Iceland as we have our credit card. Out of interest will places accept euros, dollars or pounds?

1. It would be very useful to take waterproofs for Gulfoss as depending which way the wind is blowing you can get VERY wet!! People are often very shocked how close you can actually get to the falls.

2. I haven't been to the restaurant at Geyser for quite a number of years and back then it was a buffet with fish, meat & vegetable dishes. Not sure about the drink, most visitors don't like to drink the tap water because of the strong smell of sulphur.

3. Strokkur the geyser that erupts frequently does so every 7 - 10minutes. There is a rope around the geyser to show the safety barrier but this is the only restriction.

4.Thingvellir is the site of the first parliament in Iceland and there is a very pretty church etc. In regards to nature it is part of the fissure zone due to it's location on the mid atlantic ridge. There is also a very pretty waterfall that you can walk to depending where the coach drops you off.

5. Icelandics don't often use cash, they pay for a cup of coffee with a credit card. Some attractions / shops will take other currencies (usually $ or euros) but the exchange rate will be poor. I would either exchange a small amount of currency in Iceland or pay for everything on your credit card.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

We had an over night in Reykjavik this past June,

We thought the tours were very expensive so (being the independent types) hired a car from the kiosk in the port shop for £70 for a day, this covered both days since we arrived after lunch and departed 23 hours later.

1st day we drove to geysir and Gulfoss ( few miles apart)

It was raining and we got very wet, You will need wet weather gear for the waterfall.

entrance is free for both attractions

The restaurant is a cafeteria style.

Next day we drove to the blue lagoon in the morning, we did not enter the lagoon, just took photos, It was free to park and walk around.

We expected to pay to go inside and view the spa, but again we walked in and took photos for free.

We finished off by driving into Reykjavik parking next to the cathedral for some more photos, it possible to take the lift to the top of the spire for views across Reykjavik.

Hope this helps, the road are very quite to drive on and you can take your time at each site.

1. It would be very useful to take waterproofs for Gulfoss as depending which way the wind is blowing you can get VERY wet!! People are often very shocked how close you can actually get to the falls.

2. I haven't been to the restaurant at Geyser for quite a number of years and back then it was a buffet with fish, meat & vegetable dishes. Not sure about the drink, most visitors don't like to drink the tap water because of the strong smell of sulphur.

3. Strokkur the geyser that erupts frequently does so every 7 - 10minutes. There is a rope around the geyser to show the safety barrier but this is the only restriction.

4.Thingvellir is the site of the first parliament in Iceland and there is a very pretty church etc. In regards to nature it is part of the fissure zone due to it's location on the mid atlantic ridge. There is also a very pretty waterfall that you can walk to depending where the coach drops you off.

5. Icelandics don't often use cash, they pay for a cup of coffee with a credit card. Some attractions / shops will take other currencies (usually $ or euros) but the exchange rate will be poor. I would either exchange a small amount of currency in Iceland or pay for everything on your credit card.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Great advice about the currency. Thank you we will definitely just stick with the credit card.

Will Strokkur be the geyser we visit? Sounds like it spouts water very frequently so that is good. The description of the visit talks about the geyser field.

Great advice about the currency. Thank you we will definitely just stick with the credit card.

Will Strokkur be the geyser we visit? Sounds like it spouts water very frequently so that is good. The description of the visit talks about the geyser field.

Yes it is a field of geothermal activity with some geysers. Yes strokkur is just the famous one that explodes on a regular basis.

We spent a week in Iceland in May following a TA. We rented a car so did our own version of the Golden Circle Tour. We appreciated Thingvellir and spent more time there than the bus tours as we had read much about the country before we went. I had the impression that some of the folks on the bus tours just didn't understand or appreciate the importance of Thingvellir.

While we avoided most of the touristy shops, we didn't see any prices in any currency except the Icelandic Kr.