Travelling with a child.

walworthwall

Hi, i will be on board the Ruby Princess from 22nd of November with my 30 month old boy, just curious to see if the cruise ships have highchairs or cribs on board the boats, or any other things that parents will need.

Hello and welcome to Cruise Critic.

I'm sure you will get a lot of help from other parents who have sailed on Princess, but you may also want to post on the Family Cruises section of Cruise Critic. If the link below does not work, the Family Cruises section is found in the Special Interest Cruising section of the Forums.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

You can also search the Princess Forum for posts that include the words toddler crib highchair. Just click on the Search this Forum link - it is in the upper right corner in line with the blue box that says Cruise Forum : Princess Cruises.

I did a quick search and it looks like you can request both a crib and a highchair through your Travel Agent (TA) if you use one or through Princess.

Edited by MarKay525

Hi, i will be on board the Ruby Princess from 22nd of November with my 30 month old boy, just curious to see if the cruise ships have highchairs or cribs on board the boats, or any other things that parents will need.

The "cribs" that Princess provides are pack n' plays, IME. If he's large for his age it may be a tight squeeze. They also provide high chairs in the dining room, but it may take a few minutes for them to be located if you are using Anytime Dining. If you have Traditional Dining it may just need to be requested again the first night. Make sure you request one (and a crib) on your booking either through the cruise personalizer or your TA.

I've never seen a changing table on a Princess ship, so if he's still in diapers you'll need to use your cabin for that.

You're on your own for an other baby/toddler supplies other than the crib and high chair. I think some other lines sell diapers, etc., but I've never seen them on Princess. If he is still eating baby food that can be provided through Princess as well. My toddler wasn't on our last cruise, so we just fed her table food as appropriate.

Princess allows you to use the kids' center along with your toddler, but they require you to be there with them at all times. They have toys and things they can play with. Drop off care begins at age 3.