Miracle french door with blocked view

azcurlytop

Considering they seem to be sold out first I'd say many like them. We decided we aren't balcony people. We've had aft balconies, obstructed balconies, suite balconies and extra long balconies. We have booked a 4K to Hawaii. For a bit of a view, look to the deck plans. There are some that look out between the lifeboats. Just know that the light on the deck below is on at night.

Edited by SadieN

We just had one of these cabins on the Legend. It was perfect for our family of 4. Plenty of room!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Any worries about a little one falling out the door?

IMO. The door is so heavy, it was hard for me to open. Also it steps out onto a walkway.

Going to have see one. My 3 year old grandson loves to play with doors and he is pretty good at figuring out how to use his strength to open them.

IMO. The door is so heavy, it was hard for me to open. Also it steps out onto a walkway.

Walkway is down a level.

These rooms are GREAT, they are as large as a balcony stateroom, i.e., they have a large sofa, table, more floor space, storage, etc.

The walkway runs along the outside perimeter of these staterooms and is a grate that workers only can access. As you can see from the photo, when you open the doors, there is a metal fence blocking your exit from the room, you cannot access the metal grate from your stateroom. This is not a balcony room, you have no outside access from your french doors. Cruisers basically book these rooms for the additional square footage and open the doors to let fresh air in.

I had one of these rooms on the Legend and would book it again, loved it. I never opened my doors, just the curtains and it was lovely having all that light shining in your room and I could see a little sliver of the ocean between the lifeboats.

Had one last year and adored it. We had a view between the lifeboats so it was like an ocean view with fresh air!

There is a trick to booking on of the better 4ks...when looking on the deck plan any room that is next to a long oblong rectangle has a view between lifeboats. Any room that is next to the massive oval shapes (lifeboats) is blocked.

A good example is 4148.

The walkway is outside the rooms but it is only used by maintenance so if you are changing closing the curtains. We saw one guy out there on 12 day cruise just the once...I was fully clothed.

Best bargain ever :)....you can also wedge the door open by moving the bed.