Voice Behind Upsell/Upgrade Fairy

Prof Peg

Does anyone know the identity of the upgrade fairy? Silly question, I know, but are they regular PVP's who have been given certain number of offers they can make to people. Or are they a special office of people who spend all their time making offers to cruisers who sometimes "leave smiling."

Wish I knew the secret, but then you do too, don't you!!!

Happy cruising everyone :D

Our upgrade fairy from last year does this as her full-time job. She calls people the day of sailing if there are openings due to cancellations or non-booking. She only likes to move people with their consent, and it's hard to get ahold of people sometimes because they are flying.

She was making changes to two of our bookings and needed an override, so we had a nice chat while we waited.

When we were called about upgrading to one of the owner's suites on the Fascination back a few years ago we were told the regular PVPs may not even know about the cabins (S1 and S2). We had asked about how to book the cabin in the future and were told it is not "available" and is something only done by some sort of special selection process- I have absolutely no idea how we were called. We paid a good bit more, but it was a once in a lifetime offer as we looked at it back then.

We would love to get an offer that doesn't require a huge additional payout.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we were called about upgrading to one of the owner's suites on the Fascination back a few years ago we were told the regular PVPs may not even know about the cabins (S1 and S2). We had asked about how to book the cabin in the future and were told it is not "available" and is something only done by some sort of special selection process- I have absolutely no idea how we were called. We paid a good bit more, but it was a once in a lifetime offer as we looked at it back then.

We would love to get an offer that doesn't require a huge additional payout.

We booked the Owners Suite on the Sensation (S2) directly through Carnival by calling and asking for it. They did say it wasn't open for booking until 60 days prior to sailing but as soon as 60 days happened they called us back and asked if we were still interested.