Changing cruise and gift cards

cruzinlisa

I bought some carnival gift cards for the Father's Day promo and applied them to my balance. Now we are thinking about switching our cruise before final payment. If we do switch, it will be for another ship, same time period. But I was wondering what happens to the part of the balance I paid with the gift card. Does that get refunded to another gift card or is it just completely lost? It was $300.00, so if its lost, we will just stick with our current cruise. The answer may have been in the gift card thread but I could only read a few pages of it.

Hi Lisa, I believe that amount is refunded back to you in the form of a gift card, it is not lost. To be 100% sure, ask Carnival how that amount will be returned when you call to change your cruise.

Don't forget ... your 'bonus' gift amount has an expiration date (Dec 31 for a plastic card, or 1 year for an e-card), your original gift card has no expiration. So, use your bonus amount first ! If you have leftover money, it's better to have it on the gift card. In other words, if you purchased $1000 gift card and received $100 bonus, the $1000 gift card part has no expiration, the $100 bonus amount does have an expiration.

Hi Lisa, I believe that amount is refunded back to you in the form of a gift card, it is not lost. To be 100% sure, ask Carnival how that amount will be returned when you call to change your cruise.

Don't forget ... your 'bonus' gift amount has an expiration date (Dec 31 for a plastic card, or 1 year for an e-card), your original gift card has no expiration. So, use your bonus amount first ! If you have leftover money, it's better to have itOc on the gift card. In other words, if you purchased $1000 gift card and received $100 bonus, the $1000 gift card part has no expiration, the $100 bonus amount does have an expiration.

Well I already applied my paid for cards. I have $20 bonus gift card that I have not applied. I know I did it backwards. I owe $29 on my cruise so have not decided whether to apply it on use it for obc. We are planning on cruising in Oct. I doubt we are switching but if we did, it would be same week.