Cabin Release

We are about 6 weeks out from our Legend of the Seas cruise. It departs on Sun from Hamburg and we get on Tues (Aug 26) in Oslo. I have done "fake" bookings for both departure ports. There are many cabins still available, including many junior suites, esp for the Hamburg sailing. Will they release any of these at a discounted rate and if so when??? I currently am in a D2 superior balcony and know I can upgrade to junior suite but not take advantage of any price drop for my category. I have set a maximum additional amount I will pay to upgrade but wonder whether it is worth checking for discounts.....Thanks

PS it appears one side of ship is Hamburg and one is Oslo...will they allow mixing if cabins are still available???

We are about 6 weeks out from our Legend of the Seas cruise. It departs on Sun from Hamburg and we get on Tues (Aug 26) in Oslo. I have done "fake" bookings for both departure ports. There are many cabins still available, including many junior suites, esp for the Hamburg sailing. Will they release any of these at a discounted rate and if so when??? I currently am in a D2 superior balcony and know I can upgrade to junior suite but not take advantage of any price drop for my category. I have set a maximum additional amount I will pay to upgrade but wonder whether it is worth checking for discounts.....Thanks

PS it appears one side of ship is Hamburg and one is Oslo...will they allow mixing if cabins are still available???

I think you should keep checking. No can predict future prices.

What do you mean by mixing?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

What do you mean by mixing?

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When you do bookings one side of the ship (left as you face forward) comes up with available cabins for embarking in Oslo while the other side of ship comes up available in Hamburg...so it appears for now they are booking one side for Oslo and one side for Hamburg, could be for ease of boarding and deboarding and not having luggage all over the place...???? My question is, will they open up all cabins to all embarkations at some point, my guess is yes, better than sailing half full....thoughts from anyone...:)

Hmmm...I was able to get choices on both sides of the ship from the same departure, so not sure about that theory! And it's not as undersold as it looks--there is scant availability in insides, OVs and entry level balcs, but yes, plenty of D balc and suite options left. Last-minute bookings in the lesser categories could improve your chance at getting into a JS depending on the price point you set. In other threads about watching prices, CCers tipped me off to a reportedly reliable price alert engine--haven't had the chance to try it yet. We can't say the name, but if you Google cruise and the most plentiful animal in the sea, you will find it! For ninety-nine cents, you can set an alert to help you monitor the situation.

Good luck, nice itin.--promises to be a fabulous trip even if you don't get to move up!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app