Shore Excursion Help

I am looking to book some shore excursions that evidently RCCL has dropped. The website is only showing limited choices on the St. Thomas and St. Maarten ports. We are looking at trying the BOB in St. Thomas and SNUBA in St. Maartens - these were offered in the past but are no longer showing. I called the Crown & Anchor desk this AM and they advised "what you see is what is offered" - no explanation - just a quick reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

As they become fully-booked, their removed from the website and you can't view them. If your cruise is only a couple of months away, I would be that that is what is happening.

I was just on the RCCL website and I saw that the BOB tour was offered in St Thomas.....however I didn't go under my cruise reservation number because it is to soon for me to book excursions with RCCL. I was under the impression from our first cruise that the ship will only allow so many to book online but then you are able to book once you get on the ship (not all people have access to computers) that is why they hold so many. I hope this is correct.....

When are you cruising? Some of the excursions for fall and winter may not have been contracted yet...keep checking. DH and I are cruising in December and until just a couple of days ago was not able to pull up any excursions for that time. Then yesterday there were some excursions there but not all of the usual ones. Then today some more have been added. It's quite possible they will add more as things get done.

Noticed you are from Suwanee. My son and family just moved from there to Cumming. Have spent much, much time in Suwanee.

I am looking to book some shore excursions that evidently RCCL has dropped. The website is only showing limited choices on the St. Thomas and St. Maarten ports. We are looking at trying the BOB in St. Thomas and SNUBA in St. Maartens - these were offered in the past but are no longer showing. I called the Crown & Anchor desk this AM and they advised "what you see is what is offered" - no explanation - just a quick reply. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Keep checking.

Although not all excursions are offered for every sailing, the CA rep didn't actually tell you that further offerings were not possible. For example, excursions for my sailing in Nov just became available last week and, while spartan at first, the offerings have gradually increased over the past days. In fact, the CocoCay waverunner tour just became available today.

BTW, I'm sure that the BOB excursion is easily contracted on your own - given the expansive advertising I've received from vendors of that and many other tours on the island. In fact, it appears their office is a short walk down the pier. Probably the same for SXM snuba. Only a few excursions (e.g., 12-metre, rhino, etc.) seem to require RCCL intervention, and even that isn't etched in stone. I won't list a website here, but I've learned from these boards that 'impossible' tours can be arranged by some miracle-workers who know everybody. Joyce Prince, for example.

Hope it helps,

best,

John

~~~~~~~~

Mariner of the Seas, 11/05

Thanks for all of your advise. I will keep checking out the excursions page on the RCCL website for more side trips. I found a website for the BOB but no way to contact them....funny.

Nanaj - we have lived in Suwanee since 1986 - lots of changes - we live just off of Old Peachtree near I-85. Traffic is getting crazy.....we go to Lake Oconee to get away from it all.

Our cruise is on 12/4/05 on the AOS out of San Juan - can't wait. Maybe the BOB and SNUBA will be in our future.

Thanks again everybody!!!

Cruise Wizard....keep checking the website as they are adding new excursions as they finalize their season. We cruise 12/11 so check around the end of August.

Traffic is awful anywhere in Georgia...even in Cumming but it's a nice area.

Enjoy your cruise.

I am taking my first RCL cruise to Alaska, shortly. I have never received an excursion book which did not have the departure times listed. Is this normal for RCL? We are in one port 12 hrs and maybe could book 2, but can't without knowing departure times. What if I don't want to take one that leaves early in the morning? No times on the webpage, either. What to do?

When you go through the online booking process, you have an option of selecting the times - even if there's only one of that particular excursion they'll show the time.

We were able to book two excursions in St. Thomas the same way. In fact, there was just enough of a break in-between to have lunch back on the ship!

Archived