Flights and reserved seats

canuck36

Regarding seat fees.....My daughter and I were flying BA from TPA>MIA>LHR. We paid the fees to get aisle seats across from each other on the long haul. Along comes "Mr. I'm Important" and asks me to change seats with his wife 5 rows forward and in the second middle seat of a 2/4/2 configuration. I said NO. Then I was asked 3 more times by the FAs to change seats and I said NO. If he wanted to sit beside his wife, he should have paid the fees. So then he decided to make my flight miserable - he hogged the seat space, felt up my boob with his elbow and slid his leg under mine. I ended this nonsense with a hard elbow into his side and warned him that there would be police waiting for him on landing if he didn't stop. He did. True story. So, if sitting together is important, pay the fees.

Wow! It always amazes me how some people feel so entitled and then make your life miserable because you don't comply with their wishes. I always pay the fee to pick an aisle seat on the left because I have a bad knee and don't want to take the chance of being stuck in a bad seat. I have been asked to switch, but when I explained that I paid an extra fee, and why, there was no confrontation. Good for you for not putting up with his nonsense!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

I booked a flight this fall within Europe directly with Lufthansa and said the additional cost to get seats assigned immediately. To the OP, I highly recommend that you do this now. Call your TA back and have them do it for you or log on to Lufthansa with your booking record locator and do it yourself. Or call Lufthansa for assistance. I've found them to be friendly and helpful.

A few years ago, we booked through Delta on flights to Europe that code shared with Air France once we connected in Paris. Air France refused to assign us seats period! Couldn't pay for them to be pre-assigned and we are high level frequent fliers on Delta. They couldn't do anything to help. We were stuck in two middle seats on Air France. Fortunately, the flight was only about 90 minutes but I tend to get claustrophobic in tight spaces. Lesson learned. Will never take an Air France flight again.

Even if you have to pay a little more to get your seat pre-assigned, we do it. Note, however, that you do need to keep an eye on it. Airlines do change equipment and therefore do change your seats, often without telling you. We regularly check our flights for time changes, equipment changes and seat changes that the airlines may make.