Bermuda planning help

Smallfamily

Hi everyone I could use some help with a game plan. We will arrive in bermuda around dinner time and then have an entire day and then half day on the 3rd day. We are active and in our 40's. We would like to see caves, lighthouses, beaches (not sun worshipers so more to walk and see the sights over lay on the beach) and love snorkeling. I would love suggestions I was thinking maybe booking the snorkeling thru the ship the last day to be safe and explore the rest of our time on our own. Ideas/recommendations what not to miss and how to schedule it. Thanks 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you do the caves on your own, go there first thing in the morning, or much later in the day. We took the first ferry to St. George then took the bus to the caves. By the time we were leaving around noon, there were long lines of people waiting to get in, no doubt from the ships' tours.

We had hoped to get the 1pm ferry back to dockyard but did not make it so explored St George before going on the 3:30 pm back.

Edited by toras

Hi,

I always highly recommend a private taxi tour of the Island. You can book it for 3 hours or more. Cost is 50$ per hour for 1-4 passengers.

It IS a great way to see to most of the Island in a short period of time. The driver will take you to all the spots to not miss.

You can have the tour end where you want. You could do a 4 hour tour the first thing when you exit the ship and have him drop you at the caves at the end of the 4 hours. Do the caves, take bus back to Hamilton and then whatever you want.

The driver will even wait for you as you climb Gibb's Hill Lighthouse ( yes he charges per hour... )

Then day 2 you could hit Horseshoe Bay and walk the path to the 5 beaches nearby. See here : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28514684&postcount=2

Day 3, Snorkel excursion : I have tried http://www.jessiejames.bm/ and Chloe the captain/owner was fantastic. You could give her a try...do not worry she will NOT be late.

Here is a post by SBtS about all the things on the Island : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41801463&postcount=429

Have fun !