Halloween on Carnival

vluvski

Hello, has anyone cruised over Halloween on Carnival?

I understand from our booking agent there will be trick-or-treating for the children, the ship will be decorated, and there is a costume contest for the adults.

How child-appropriate is the Halloween cruise? We have 5 children with us, and would prefer not to expose them to anything too raunchy. Halloween does tend to give otherwise upstanding citizens an excuse to be sleazy or trashy.

Also, are the decorations scary and dark, or just spooky and silly?

Thanks!

Hello, has anyone cruised over Halloween on Carnival?

I understand from our booking agent there will be trick-or-treating for the children, the ship will be decorated, and there is a costume contest for the adults.

How child-appropriate is the Halloween cruise? We have 5 children with us, and would prefer not to expose them to anything too raunchy. Halloween does tend to give otherwise upstanding citizens an excuse to be sleazy or trashy.

Also, are the decorations scary and dark, or just spooky and silly?

Thanks!

The decorations on the Splendor were those lawn blow up things...nothing scary.

Costumes were mainly fun, some raunchy, guess it all depends on that specific group of passengers. Worst I saw was some slutty nurse sort of costume

Kids trick or treat in shops on the promenade deck in groups through the clubs on board. Costume parties are scheduled for discos later in the evening, but I suppose you could run into creative costumes in the passageways. I've seen people who didn't bring costumes to grab sheets or towels from their cabins to go as Romans or towel animals.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

LOTS OF FUN!!!

After 10pm the costume are a bit more risque... But they don't allow topless. One nurse had two "red-cross pasties" on top. That was allowed.

To be honest -- it's fine for the kiddos, and they have fun!! The most is about what you'd see on Lido Deck, anyway!!! Nothing scary, just some "off the wall" costumes. They may choose a late night movie that's a bit scarier -- but that's a choice to watch.

I've loved my Halloween cruises!!!

Our Halloween cruise was on the Fantasy. My youngest, who was 6 or 7 at that time, packed a costume. He had a blast trick-or-treating around the ship. The decorations were more fun than scary. Most were those large blow-ups as mentioned. I don't recall any really inappropriate costumes.

• Sent from my screen to yours.

There is a review in my signature below of the Halloween cruise that I went on. It was on Fascination. I loved that they had special drinks for Halloween and themed desserts in the MDR. Lots of cool costumes and sooooo many people dressed up. There was a costume contest as well. That was one of my most favorite cruises.

I've been on several Halloween cruises and they have been a blast. The kids seem to have a terrific time! I've only seen a few inappropriate costumes but those were much later at night. I think your children will be fine and have a wonderful time. Enjoy your cruise.:D