Hhic hic Need advice on Premium Alcohol package

MACKAM

Really thinking of booking the premium alcohol package on Equinox 20th September cruise. Can anyone who has used it give me some advice on finding which wines/cocktail choices are available.

We are Elite + and are in a concierge cabin I have heard there is a slight discount on this package, am I right

Thanks for any information, Hic hic

Really thinking of booking the premium alcohol package on Equinox 20th September cruise. Can anyone who has used it give me some advice on finding which wines/cocktail choices are available.

We are Elite + and are in a concierge cabin I have heard there is a slight discount on this package, am I right

Thanks for any information, Hic hic

MACKAM,

I am just curious about why as an elite, would you wish to buy one of the expensive alcohol packages?

We are elite and because of happy hour, our bar bill had dropped significantly. We still buy wine for dinner and an occasional after dinner drink, but nothing to justify buying a package.

Perhaps you prefer drinks that are not included in happy hour?

Everything from the Molecular Bar and Martini Bar are on the premium package. If you don't want to be contained to one space and one time frame for happy hour, then its worth it, IMHO. We have booked many times with the complimentary classic package and have always upgraded to the premium. We LOVE the concoctions at the Molecular Bar!

Edited by akowilm

Hi again

Thanks for the reply; Regards Elite "Happy Hour", I just find it a little early

between 5 and 7 to enjoy a cocktail and also I am usually washing my hair. DH does avail himself though. Are you actually informed of which wine you can choose?

It is DH that would like to know what wine is on offer, and we would also like the decent coffee offer during and after dinner. In other words is it REALLY

worth the extra cost

We had the Classic package included as a perk so only had to pay for the upgrade. For us it was more than worth it. First link you will find the wines by the glass on offer recently in the MDR. Second is a link to several menus - I suggest you take note of the Martini and Molecular bar menus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042016

http://www.thepreismans.com/ecarib_reflection_menus.htm

I also suggest doing a search for "ruff rundown" - wallie5446's excellent example of how having the Premium package can pay off.

Edited by wpgcycler

Hi again

Thanks for the reply; Regards Elite "Happy Hour", I just find it a little early

between 5 and 7 to enjoy a cocktail and also I am usually washing my hair. DH does avail himself though. Are you actually informed of which wine you can choose?

It is DH that would like to know what wine is on offer, and we would also like the decent coffee offer during and after dinner. In other words is it REALLY

worth the extra cost

It is only "REALLY worth the extra cost" if you would otherwise spend more than the cost of the package or if you feel the all-inclusive nature of the package has extra value to you which makes it worthwhile.

The package includes wines by the glass which are priced at $13 or less. But you can also purchase wines by the glass over that price with the premium package by paying only the difference in price over $13 (with the Classic package you have to pay the entire price of drinks over the package limit). If you search through these boards you may find a wine list here and there. I have an older one (click here) which might give you some idea of the selection but the prices have probably risen a bit and the selection will have changed although I suspect it would be similar. In general you'll find a fair selection of modest to medium priced wines available by the glass but the variety and selection will be no where near as varied as the bottled wine list.

As for coffee - the espresso based coffees served at the coffee bar (Café al Bacio) are great. I've never ordered these in the MDR however, and I've read mixed comments on these boards about the quality of the espresso based coffee and related speed of service when ordered in the MDR.

Edited by Lsimon

We were given the classic pkg with the cruise. Can we upgrade by paying the difference of the cost b/w the 2?

You can do this in advance or onboard at any bar/guest relations. You could wait till you board, see how you feel about the classic package the first day then upgrade the next morning if you wished to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk