Breakaway cabin guarantee for category ox

Nisky18

Hi,

We are three adults cruising together for the first time on a Fall trip on board the Breakaway. Since I have the lead in coordinating our trip, I booked directly through NCL, taking an oceanview category OX guarantee. I've never before taken the risk of booking a guaranteed category for a room that MAY be better. How exactly does this work? In the past I'd review the ship's schematic to determine the best cabin size and location for the number of people cruising. When I was with my husband and our children were young, it was easy. I'm now chronologically considered a senior, traveling with friends and thought we'd take a chance and try the "guarantee." Can anyone enlighten me about this? When does NCL actually select your cabin for you and inform you. Can you negotiate a better location at that time? Thanks for any insight

Room assignment can be anytime from now until you show up at the dock. Usually it is 2-3 weeks before sailing. You cannot change or negotiate a different room after it is assigned, hence the guarantee part of it, you may be able to ask for a different room and pay the difference between what your guarantee cost and the full price of another room. Normal advice is to never book a guarantee unless your willing to take the worst room in your category. You could get a better room, but never less than what you booked. In your case you will get at least the cheapest or least desirable location ocean view available.

Thanks for your explanation regarding a category ox guarantee cabin. I think I'll call NCL to see if prices have lowered or more cabins available to warrant changing our reservation.

cue