Celebrity 2015 New Med Itinerary- Help

samom

Deciding if this itinerary is worth it for first time Western Med cruisers (done Greek Isles). Equinox sails from Rome to Florence. Nice, Ajaccio,Corsica, Porto Torres, Sardinia,Palma De Mallorca, Spain, Barcelona. No shore excursions for Porto Torres and very few for Corsica. Our three children in their early 20's and us will be traveling. Not sure if enough interesting ports. This may appeal to couple who have seen more traditional ports. I am worried the demographics could be an older crowd. Alternative is the Allure of the Seas sailing Rome to Rome with Naples, Florence, Mallorca and Barcelona as ports.

We are going to be on this cruise next week, so will be able to let you know.

There was one sailing of this itinerary last month on the Equinox . Maybe someone from that sailing can give us a review ?

Deciding if this itinerary is worth it for first time Western Med cruisers (done Greek Isles). Equinox sails from Rome to Florence. Nice, Ajaccio,Corsica, Porto Torres, Sardinia,Palma De Mallorca, Spain, Barcelona. No shore excursions for Porto Torres and very few for Corsica. Our three children in their early 20's and us will be traveling. Not sure if enough interesting ports. This may appeal to couple who have seen more traditional ports. I am worried the demographics could be an older crowd. Alternative is the Allure of the Seas sailing Rome to Rome with Naples, Florence, Mallorca and Barcelona as ports.

Those out of the way ports can be very interesting. You can find a private tour for Porto Torres and Corsica. The ship still goes to Florence, NIce and Barcelona, which have lots to see there.

The longer cruised so tend to have an older passenger average, but if you children are interested in history and culture, they will enjoy those Med ports.

I took my children all over Europe when they were pre-teens and teens and they all still love to travel overseas. They have fond memories of what we saw and did.

We were on Reflection a few weeks ago for 10 night Eastern Med and it was not what I would call an older crowd. There were people all ages, in fact much younger than on the many 7 night cruises on X in the Caribbean. We were quite surprised. There was a late night DJ most nights somewhere on the ship (venues varied).