Anyone off of Sovereign recently?

For any of you that have recently sailed on the Sovereign....please let us know what you think of the cruise. We have read some mixed reviews and are still deciding if we want to continue with our reservations. We would love to hear from you.

How formal is the formal night. How did most dress for that? We are thinking we may just skip this and not have to pack all the stuff for one night. What did they have at dinner that night? We may just hit the buffett. What do you think?

I sailed SOS this past July. I also was a little nervous because of the reviews. I had a great time. Realize no vacation is perfect. I did smell sewer smell the first day on deck 6, but it was gone once we left the port and I never smelled it again. Service was excellent! I can't say enough about the service, but we didn't use the kids programs, I know there has been problems there.

Don't skip formal night, food was the best then. Service in the main dinning room was great. The dress was not as formal as it is on the 7 night Voyager class ships. I didn't see women in formal gowns or men in tuxedos(they may have been, but I didn't notice). I wore dress pants and a nice top.

I hope this helps.

Madelyn

Madelyn,

How did you like Deck 6? We just booked an inside guarantee and we saw on the website that we are on Deck 6. I'm pretty excited b/c we got a cabin that would have cost $120 more if we had actually booked that category. Just wondering how you liked the location.

I think deck 6 is an excellent location. You will be in the center of the ship. This makes it easy to use the stairs most of the time. I prefer to use the steps. Shops and photos only one deck below.

Just prepare yourself for very small cabins. We had an outside and my son and his friend had an inside cabin across the hall and their cabin was smaller than ours (not by much). My outside cabin was the smallest I have ever had on a cruise. We had inside cabins on Navigator (deck 6) and that was larger. I didn't expect a big cabin and I was still surprised. With that being said, it made no difference in my cruise. The cabins are are fine for two people.

Have a great cruise!:)

Madelyn

Archived