What's new after Vista?

EZ4

Any word or gossip about new ships on the horizon?

New ship orders for the 2017-2018 period are expected within the next quarter, as per Robin Farley (UBS). The only question is whether they are for the Carnival brand or another Corporate line, like Princess or Costa which by that time might need new tonnage. All we can do is guess, but this conjecture is kind of moot anyway.

Edited by cjknox

Would imagine a few ships of the Vista class whatever that really means. Surprised they havent released any details of it.

Is the Vista going to be a new class? I just figured it would be in the dream/magic/breeze class--this might be pretty interesting if it is.

Is the Vista going to be a new class? I just figured it would be in the dream/magic/breeze class--this might be pretty interesting if it is.

It is a new class but so far not telling us anything about it other than that it will be Brilliant.

The Vista is supposed to be a brand new class of ships. What we don't know yet is if she is going to be a brand new design or just a derivative of the Destiny class.

Google it and you see some info, 4000 passenger 135,000 ton. New class of ship according to reports.

Conquest and Dream were new classes too, but basically just an evolution of the original Destiny. Over the last 18 years, they've just been tweaking and stacking more decks on the original design.

Conquest and Dream were new classes too, but basically just an evolution of the original Destiny. Over the last 18 years, they've just been tweaking and stacking more decks on the original design.

Yep, why fix something that isn't broke. You might actually hear me say something negative about CCL one day if they put that Allure and Oasis crap on their ships.

Literally.

Yep, why fix something that isn't broke. You might actually hear me say something negative about CCL one day if they put that Allure and Oasis crap on their ships.

Says the one who has only sailed on Carnival? If you've never been on the Oasis or the Allure, how do you know you hate what they have to offer?

Literally.

Says the one who has only sailed on Carnival? If you've never been on the Oasis or the Allure, how do you know you hate what they have to offer?

I read my friend I read. I don't need ice skating and rocks on my cruise. All them extra bells and whistle don't excite me. Personal preference only. Nothing against RCL.

I read my friend I read. I don't need ice skating and rocks on my cruise. All them extra bells and whistle don't excite me. Personal preference only. Nothing against RCL.

The idea of the ice skating and rocks is to attract those that like that. This way the crowds are thinner for the things YOU like to do.

So you sailed the Sunshine because you needed Guy's, Redfrog Pub, Tequila bar, etc. I don't NEED the ropes course on the Breeze, but I am still going to experience the ship.

So you sailed the Sunshine because you needed Guy's, Redfrog Pub, Tequila bar, etc. I don't NEED the ropes course on the Breeze, but I am still going to experience the ship.

I did? Dang I'll be back. Gotta tell the wife why we sailed the Sunshine.

Looking forward to the Vista and Vista Class. I expect they will make 3 ships for Carnival in the years ahead like they did with Dream, Magic, Breeze. They just got better and better as they did.

Already planning to be on the Transatlantic of Vista and probably the one before that for a back2back. Would love to do the inaugural, too, but that would mean two RT airfares so,...........no.

Ncl has already order 2 more ships after the escape that will be over 4,000 paxs each.. Since 2010 ncl has built 3 ships and have on order. 3 more escape comes out late 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ncl has already order 2 more ships after the escape that will be over 4,000 paxs each.. Since 2010 ncl has built 3 ships and have on order. 3 more escape comes out late 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, NCL has 4 on order and RCI has 5. That'll be a tough act for CCL to follow.

What's the 5th one on order? I have the Anthem & Quantum, Oasis III & Oasis IV. What am I missing?

A third unnamed Quantum class.

QUANTUM OF THE SEAS 167,800 October 2014 Meyer Werft, Germany

ANTHEM OF THE SEAS 167,800 March 2015 Meyer Werft, Germany

UNNAMED 167,800 May 2016 Meyer Weft, Papenburg, Germany

UNNAMED 227,700 June 2016 STX France, St. Nazaire, France

UNNAMED 227,700 2018 STX France, St. Nazaire, France

The Vista is supposed to be a brand new class of ships. What we don't know yet is if she is going to be a brand new design or just a derivative of the Destiny class.

Since Vista will have Azipod propulsion, it almost certainly will not be a Destiny derivative.

Looking forward to the Vista and Vista Class. I expect they will make 3 ships for Carnival in the years ahead like they did with Dream, Magic, Breeze. They just got better and better as they did.

Already planning to be on the Transatlantic of Vista and probably the one before that for a back2back. Would love to do the inaugural, too, but that would mean two RT airfares so,...........no.

Only 1.5 if Vista home ports in your backyard. :D

Since Vista will have Azipod propulsion, it almost certainly will not be a Destiny derivative.

Indeed, pods are the way to go and Carnival will use them on future ships. The issues with them have mostly, if not entirely been worked out. Carnival was paid handsomely in a law suit against Rolls Royce concerning the pods on QM2, but pods are the future for these types of ships. All new technology will often have its issues, and QM2 now has 10 years running on pods, and at up to 30 knots!