help with cruise documents!!!!

laurrbarr

Ok, so this will be getting confusing but I was married then got divorced, and now my drivers lisence is a different name from birth certificate since I took my stepdads last name.

My last cruise I took with RC planner told me to book cruise in whatever name my passport was in (which was married name even though I was already divorced at the time) he said as long as my passport matches my name on the booking.

Well for this cruise I want to bring my drivers lisence as ID but my birth certificate reads my maiden name. Do I have to bring original birth certificate, then marriage lisence, followed by divorce paperwork which includes name change?? Orrrr should I just use passport?? .Helppppp!!! :confused::(:confused::(

If your passport hasnt expired, use that. Then bring your legal paperwork showing why your last name changed; for example your divorce decree showing the name you changed to. Bring whatever legal docs you need to to explain the difference.

Ok, so this will be getting confusing but I was married then got divorced, and now my drivers lisence is a different name from birth certificate since I took my stepdads last name.

My last cruise I took with RC planner told me to book cruise in whatever name my passport was in (which was married name even though I was already divorced at the time) he said as long as my passport matches my name on the booking.

Well for this cruise I want to bring my drivers lisence as ID but my birth certificate reads my maiden name. Do I have to bring original birth certificate, then marriage lisence, followed by divorce paperwork which includes name change?? Orrrr should I just use passport?? .Helppppp!!! :confused::(:confused::(

This won't help for your upcoming cruise, but I suggest you renew your passport or have it corrected to reflect your new name. I was in a similar situation with my wife. She had an expiring passport in her name from a pervious marriage, a birth certificate in her maiden name and a drivers license in her current legal name. We sent the passport along with marriage cert. (or in your case the divorce decree showing your name change) in for renewal. We received her new passport with no problems. I expected it to be a real hassle with her having 3 different names. No trouble at all.

I am divorced and on my first couple of cruises I just had my original bc (maiden name) and driver's license (kept married name because of kids). I think as long as your picture ID matches your cruise documents the name change on the birth certificate won't mater. It is expected that the name won't match for most women.

! :confused::(:confused::(

Most ladies cruising are married and the name on the drivers license is not what is on the birth certificate. You needed to show proof of name change on the drivers license in order to get your name changed.

that is all you need is a drivers license and a birth ceritificate

Make sure the cabin is booked in whatever name is on that drivers license

Edited by serene56

It is simplest to book the cruise using the name on the passport and use it as ID. No one will care that the last name listed is from a prior marriage.

If you go the other route, you will create confusion for the check-in agent. You'll have to explain that your BC doesn't match your DL because you got married, then divorced, but didn't revert to your maiden name, instead you reverted to your stepdad's name.

As other posters stated, the long term solution is to update your passport to reflect the name you wish to use going forward.

The only advice I give to anyone traveling is "cover all bases"; simply meaning take everything, especially when you have a situation like this.

Chances are everything will be fine and you won't need anything more than your passport.

But preparation should always be for 'worst case' not 'best case'.

If you have everything including your divorce documents, (sorry about that by the way), you can explain easily if they ask.

Once in the cabin lock them away in the safe.

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by hirent