Please help-hubby booked wrong cruise!!

My dear husband has just (supposedly) booked us on a 7 night med cruise on the Epic. However and don't ask me how-he actually booked the 12th October this year. I only noticed when the confirmation came through. Will we be able to change it? Will they charge us. Tried phoning but they are shut until morning. Don't think I will sleep tonight.

Help!

My dear husband has just (supposedly) booked us on a 7 night med cruise on the Epic. However and don't ask me how-he actually booked the 12th October this year. I only noticed when the confirmation came through. Will we be able to change it? Will they charge us. Tried phoning but they are shut until morning. Don't think I will sleep tonight.

Help!

Since the people are CLOSED, you must have booked through a small travel agency and not NCL or a big agency, as they are open.

Since you are outside the FINAL PAYMENT date, you can cancel and get all your money back, other than any fee the TA might charge you. (not all do).

Call them in the morning and they will fix it for you. If that confirmation came from the TA and not NCL, it may not even be right - hard to say.

You did not mention when you REALLY want to cruise - fyi.

BOTTOM LINE - you are just fine. Really.

Thanks for the reply. Date we want is 3rd may next year. Can we cancel if it's 88 days until the wrong date? We booked on the norwegian cruise line page( we are in the uk if that makes a difference). I did ring but the message said they are shut.

Help!

He must have used a TA not in the states! because it is only 3:30 on the east coast. NCL is still open, I just got off the phone . With whom did he book it? Go to the web site and read their policies. And talk to your husband, see what he booked and send an email to the booking agent . How far out are you from final payment?

Are you in the UK?

Lots of questions, but don't fret yet!

Yes we are in the uk and he booked direct with norwegian cruise line ( definately not an agent) It's a uk number on the confirmation email and a recorded message says they are shut. Just looked on the cancellation page and it says less than 90 days we will lose our deposit (£200). I am hoping because we still want to cruise they will change it for us.

Can't afford to lose £200.

Did not notice the UK part.

Maybe somebody here can offer a US Number that the OP can call. If not, very first thing in the morning call to just say there is a mistake. You do not want to CANCEL, but want to fix the mistake.

Yes, being in the UK matters. UK cancel policies are different than in the states - primarily due to gov't rules across the pond, not NCL.

Edited by garycarla

They might be willing to transfer it, but I've not found the NCL UK people at ALL helpful, and highly suggest you call the US number.

Use http://callchecker.moneysavingexpert.com/intcallchecker/ to find a cheap international dial-around number (just any of them that don't want an account - I use them all the time) and call NCL USA. After you call the dial-around number, once the voice starts telling you how many pence per minute, dial 001 866 234 7350.

Good luck!

I've always found the staff in London to be really helpful.

Whilst deposits are non refundable in the UK, I think you will be ok. As you are looking at moving the reservation rather than cancelling then you would hope that they will let you change without penalty as a goodwill gesture if nothing else.

There are also online cooling off laws that mean you can cancel things inline within a certain time. If you booked today then I think you'll be fine. I'll see if I can find something online about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to add - don't normally come on here as we are pretty new to cruising. We just usually do disney and stick to their boards. But I am so impressed how friendly and helpful everyone is! I am going to have a good look around the site tomorrow. Thanks again everyone.

I've always found the staff in London to be really helpful.

Whilst deposits are non refundable in the UK, I think you will be ok. As you are looking at moving the reservation rather than cancelling then you would hope that they will let you change without penalty as a goodwill gesture if nothing else.

There are also online cooling off laws that mean you can cancel things inline within a certain time. If you booked today then I think you'll be fine. I'll see if I can find something online about it.

Thank you- that would be great-I did say to my hubby isn't there a cooling off period. We booked about 7pm tonight and I intend to be on the phone at 9am in the morning so hopefully they will change it. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Thank you- that would be great-I did say to my hubby isn't there a cooling off period. We booked about 7pm tonight and I intend to be on the phone at 9am in the morning so hopefully they will change it. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me please.

You will be fine just so long as it is changed in the first 24 hours.

Just looking around on the internet, the messages about a cooling off period are mixed, but this seems relevant:

http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.uk/buying-a-holiday-online-consumer-rights-cancellations-refunds-and-complaints.html

I'd phone in the morning and just explain what happened. I'd say it's odds on they will just let you change it, but if not then I'd mention the cooling off period to them. It would be an odd business decision for them to not help you, so if you don't get anywhere then ask to speak to a supervisor.

I'm sure it'll be fine.

Just to add - don't normally come on here as we are pretty new to cruising. We just usually do disney and stick to their boards. But I am so impressed how friendly and helpful everyone is! I am going to have a good look around the site tomorrow. Thanks again everyone.

Just stay away from any threads that have "smoking" in the title and you will enjoy this forum.

Welcome.

Just stay away from any threads that have "smoking" in the title and you will enjoy this forum.

Welcome.

But they're great fun. :) Some real cutting edge discussion on there.

Back on topic, it seems the laws have changed recently. The link below doesn't state whether holidays are covered or not, but if so then you would have 14 days to cancel.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

I always book direct with the NCL website.( when doing an NCL cruise..or one of the other cruise-lines..but always direct..never with a TA)

we are in Australia, but I always ring NCL in the US if I have a query.

If it had of been me, I would have rang the USA immediately.

Edited by jannandjohn

Update-rang ncl bang on 9am. They transferred us over to the cruise we wanted with no problems. PLUS they gave us $200 obc which we did not have with the other cruise.

I love NCL so far. Thanks for all your help guys-I shall be back to bug you with a ton of questions over the next few months.