Loyal Royal tries Holland (Maasdam review)

masonpips

Looking forward to replicating your experience when I sail the Radiance and Statendam 2 days apart. BTW, over on the Crystal forum I saw a terrible evaluation of the Maasdam, a ship I think I'm about to book.

Roy

The Radiance is a lovely ship, my favourite in the RCI fleet.

Thanks for posting your lovely review. May I ask how old your kids are and what their impressions were?

Thanks again!

Kid were DS, 16.5 (to be a junior next month) and DD 15.25 (to be a freshman) - they've traveled all over the US (did Alaska last year) and Caribbean. They liked that it was somewhere "new" and the ports were nicer than expected. We had had really bad luck w/Alaska weather (never saw glacier due to fog, rained in most ports) so DD was VERY happy we could "do" stuff and also come back and lay at pool. DS said he liked Quebec City and Halifax a lot. Ship wise, they always prefer the Promenade, Flo-Rider, rock wall, etc. of the ships we usually go on, but they kind of knew what this would be like going in and all of our expectations were exceeded!

And for above, the 3 mile run (and later 4.5 at Charlottetown) was me alone. I had a half-marathon in NY on Sunday so these were tapering runs to make sure I was ready.

Kid were DS, 16.5 (to be a junior next month) and DD 15.25 (to be a freshman) - they've traveled all over the US (did Alaska last year) and Caribbean. They liked that it was somewhere "new" and the ports were nicer than expected. We had had really bad luck w/Alaska weather (never saw glacier due to fog, rained in most ports) so DD was VERY happy we could "do" stuff and also come back and lay at pool. DS said he liked Quebec City and Halifax a lot. Ship wise, they always prefer the Promenade, Flo-Rider, rock wall, etc. of the ships we usually go on, but they kind of knew what this would be like going in and all of our expectations were exceeded!

And for above, the 3 mile run (and later 4.5 at Charlottetown) was me alone. I had a half-marathon in NY on Sunday so these were tapering runs to make sure I was ready.

Thanks for the reply, and brava! on running a half-marathon. I was I had your capacity; I'm built more for a long, slow trudge. :o Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Hi there! My sister and I are taking this exact itinerary in August. We arrive at the Boston Airport around 10am. Do you think we have time to see some of Boston before we get on the ship?

Muster was early (3:15?) so not a lot. However the port is really close to the airport so you could go there first and get all checked in, then leave and possibly have a couple of hours. I would probably take a taxi to what you want to see and back to port and it could be done as long as your flight is on time and you know what you want to do/see