!*! FREEDOM !*! Southern Caribbean 6/22/14 -Heavy on photos of 2.0 upgrades & menu

CleveCruiser

Glad you got your review in motion ! I'm still trying to work on mine . I may just give up and read yours instead haha

someone once told me " you will get sick of cruising " I just smiled and said " Only when I'm dead " 😀

Hi! nice to hear from you!

I'll tell you...it's more work than I thought... but would love to see your photos too! (I think I hijacked your image in a couple...esp Seavis!)

Fantastic review! :) We were on Freedom this past January and loved it but will definitely have to try it again now that it has the upgrades. Thanks for taking the time to do the review.

Thanks for the kind words. I would be curious to hear from someone who sailed on her pre-upgrade to see what they thought of the changes!

Def more kid friendly with Dr. Seuss and the revamped kids areas.

Love your review so far! We will be on the Freedom in November! Can't wait! =)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Thank you.... Make sure you squeeze in a visit to the Blue Iguana, their breakfast was as good as their lunch; maybe I just enjoyed the fresh appearance of the salsa bar too!

Hi! nice to hear from you!

I'll tell you...it's more work than I thought... but would love to see your photos too! (I think I hijacked your image in a couple...esp Seavis!)

That is quite alright ... I'm famous then hehe

someone once told me " you will get sick of cruising " I just smiled and said " Only when I'm dead " 😀

After what turned out to be a full lunch at the Sun King, we headed back to our staterooms.

1:00 – Stateroom Balcony. Spent a little time on the balcony with my sister (they finally got the balconies connected, someone heard the wrong stateroom numbers to connect-obviously you cannot connect 1061 and 1065!). We loved having the extra room, it was quite extravagant and now we are spoiled! We chatted and reconnected (we only see each other once/year). Saw a lot of flying fish from the balcony. Our Bon Voyage gifts arrived.

I don't think you can see it in the snapshot, but on top of the divider, towards the sea side, is a little wire bracket that they use to lock open the balcony door. So my sisters divider swung toward us and locked (well it sometimes rattled) in place. This blocked about 30% of our window...but the curtains were there anyway so it just didn't even matter. So...1063 and 1065 could not connect because the divider would swing over the door of 1063; make sense? Although...maybe the divider swings both ways (I see a joke there - but cannot put it into words :p)

DSC03342_zps904ae87f.jpg

3:00 – Posh Dining room; High Tea. (Do they even call it that? I do, cause it sounds fancy and I like to hear my mouth say the words).

The girls and I like to go to High Tea on sea days. This is the only time that my poor husband is on his own and not surrounded by 6 females! I believe he took a nap while we went.

Tables all set up with "candle" napkins and a beautiful vew off the Posh Dining room's second floor. This is where the scheduled dining is sat, YTD is on the first floor.

DSC03390_zpsb5f8d60e.jpg

Darn fuzzy picture. They also come around with cucumber sandwiches and salmon crackers. The selection was different at other teas we attended.

DSC03394_zps2aeacf84.jpg

Next: MDR dinner

Loving your review!!!! I'll be on board in 10 days, so I can't wait to see more photos. Thanks for posting a great review.

I am so excited for you!!! (and a bit jealous...take me!!!)

Here is something my sister taught me... do you take a thing of pump soap with you? It is so much nicer than that soggy bar of soap on your bathroom sink counter!!

I am so excited for you!!! (and a bit jealous...take me!!!)

Here is something my sister taught me... do you take a thing of pump soap with you? It is so much nicer than that soggy bar of soap on your bathroom sink counter!!

I do hate the bar soap, but I just grap a squirt of body wash from the shower for washing my hands. :) I'm all about simplicity and packing less. But, having pump soap is a really good idea.:D:D Oh, if you want to come along, come on. I'll hide you in my luggage.:D

Some scattered walking around pictures for you!

The Fun Shops:

The only Freddy sighting on this cruise:

DSC03440_zpsab5547c0.jpg

I know some collect these..they seemed to have plenty...They had them in two different areas (The ones before the 2.0 upgrade are half off) (Just kidding)

DSC03438_zpsd1535fc0.jpg

Capitalizing on the Dr. Seuss connection.

DSC03435_zps866a2d16.jpg

International Lounge (here we had the Future Cruiser Talk, Dr. Seuss activities, and the comedians perform)

DSC03427_zps61a4964a.jpg

This space is called "The Night Club" on the deck floor plan; I think they call it the the 70's Night Club.

DSC03422_zps3eacc04c.jpg

The 70's Night Club

DSC03418_zps742a9fde.jpg

I do hate the bar soap, but I just grap a squirt of body wash from the shower for washing my hands. :) I'm all about simplicity and packing less. But, having pump soap is a really good idea.:D:D Oh, if you want to come along, come on. I'll hide you in my luggage.:D

Never thought of that EITHER! Very effective!

Oh the things you'll learn (a weird Dr. Seuss reference, as I just posted that photo LOL)

Here are some more wandering around photos to share with you...

This is the ... Red Frog Pub. (Note the red-shirted man who will appear in an upcoming photo!)

DSC03411_zpsbcd8ddc7.jpg

A somewhat better overall shot of the RF Pub.

DSC03409_zpsb877e45a.jpg

This is the mini stage area they have in the Red Frog Pub. Currently being used for Karaoke (still the old machine with pages and pages of songs to look through). I hear they are phasing in the karaoke upgrades throughout the fleet. Freedom is still waiting for that to happen!

DSC03417_zpsa17707cd.jpg

This is the back area of the L-shaped Red Frog Pug; is wraps around the bar. The mini stage faces this area. The connecting doors behind her are closed, but lead to the warehouse arcade.

DSC03416_zps73f5864e.jpg

This is also where the shuffleboard table is located. A fun game; and I think they had a tournament at one point. The man in the background is playing Foosball.

DSC03414_zpse9b26531.jpg

Yay for a Freedom review with pictures! We will be on her with the exact same itinerary in 4 weeks! I loved the 2.0 upgrades on the Triumph when I sailed on her last September. Cant wait to read the rest of your review..it's great so far!

Up a floor to Club O2/ Habana Bar.

The Habana Bar; heard a lot of good music played here, but was never here in the evening (remember, we all had a crush on the piano guy).

DSC03388_zpsc4dd2926.jpg

I think they meant the couches to look like a mustache!

DSC03376_zps4a2b882a.jpg

Ooo Oooo I discovered how to do some tricks in photobucket!

Here is Club O2

DSC03402_zps0d0e9f94.jpg

Oh NO....they didn't copy over to here when I previewed...Can anyone tell me why?

More Club O2 (that is not a special effect, just a poorly focused shot!)

DSC03403_zps16f1883f.jpg

Did this same itin on the Freedom in 2013 and loved it. Actually going back on the Freedom in Feb, for the third time, and revisiting ports we've already been to, running out of new ports plus it's a chance to be on Freedom since the 2.0 upgrades for 12 days Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Edited by WindsorFred

The Fun Hub (Internet cafe); tucked behind the Habana Bar's bar (to the left of it).

DSC03398_zps97ebe010.jpg

Does not appear to be too "Fun" of an area! We saw several people who were using their computer in the Habana bar area; perhaps reception was better - or they just wanted to be on a comfy mustache couch!

DSC03397_zps0e1c364e.jpg

This was a Dr. Seuss event in the International Lounge. I believe they were setting up for the Seuss-a-palooza parade. I know it is fuzzy, I didn't want to seem like a weird stalker, photographing someone's children. So I just snapped a couple for the young parents to evaluate.

DSC03374_zps70ea511c.jpg

DSC03373_zps59db76b8.jpg

Did this same itin on the Freedom in 2013 and loved it. Actually going back on the Freedom in Feb, for the third time, and revisiting ports we've already been to, running out of new ports plus it's a chance to be on Freedom since the 2.0 upgrades for 12 days Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks. It will be interesting to see what changed when you go. There are so many different things to do at ports; how is your planning coming along?

Where is the 12-day going? or is it a B2B?

Yay for a Freedom review with pictures! We will be on her with the exact same itinerary in 4 weeks! I loved the 2.0 upgrades on the Triumph when I sailed on her last September. Cant wait to read the rest of your review..it's great so far!

Thanks! There is a learning curve for sure! 4-weeks...so close! I think you will really like this itinerary; there are so many different things to do in each port.

Have fun! (said with a bit of jealousy!)

Thanks. It will be interesting to see what changed when you go. There are so many different things to do at ports; how is your planning coming along?

Where is the 12-day going? or is it a B2B?

Looking forward to the new venues on board. Haven't "locked down" any specifics for the ports yet, still have 200 days.

It's the repo cruise from FL to Galveston. After the 15 day to Hawaii we decided that we needed more than an 8 day in the future. Was looking at B2B but decided on the Repo instead. Next cruise after that will be B2B.

Yep, are you going?

That would be a no. While it would be an awesome trip, my wife can not get vacation at that time. I am just disappointed that she will be leaving South Florida, which is much easier to get to (for me) and has more interesting itineraries. I know that she will be replaced in FLL with the Conquest, but the Conquest does not have the Serenity Area or Red Frog Pub!

Looking forward to the new venues on board. Haven't "locked down" any specifics for the ports yet, still have 200 days.

It's the repo cruise from FL to Galveston. After the 15 day to Hawaii we decided that we needed more than an 8 day in the future. Was looking at B2B but decided on the Repo instead. Next cruise after that will be B2B.

Ontario cruiser guessed it!

That is on the bucket list...a repo cruise. Do you know who the cruise director will be? They could make it a fun cruise!