Average Cruisers age

Hi everyone,

My DW and I are both 40 and we have an 8 year old son, we will be sailing

Oct 5th on the Western Med from Barcelona aboard Liberty of the Seas.

My questions are...

1. Has anyone previously completed this cruise around the same time of year (after schools back), and if so, did you see any kids around his age (8)? DW is worried there isn't going to be many kids.

2. Can someone also give me an average cruisers age for this particular sailing? Are DW and I going to be the babies on-board?

Thanks for taking the time to reply!!

James

Edited by redspain

Although we are not on your sailing we will be cruising the med in November with our 9 year olds. We usually cruise during school time and have always had a few kids on board and the kids have always enjoyed themselves.

Enjoy your cruise!

I took a similar cruise leaving from Barcelona in July and there were not that many kids. It was mostly adults and honeymooners. However, I believe there should be enough kids for your son to have fun

Since the cruise is not a transatlantic, you have a better chance to have some children on board. On our last transatlantic in fall 2013, there were a total of two children on board, both from the same family.

We cruised from Barcelona on Serenade in early September last year. There were very few kids onboard, those that were tended to be Spanish speaking. The age demographic was also slightly older but both these factors may have been more to do with the length of the cruise (12 nights) which attracted an older demographic. Our sons - 20 and 22 - were the only people their age onboard.

There may be some kids your sons age, but I wouldn't expect many as this is the start of the school year so not many people will take kids out of school. I don't think you'll have a problem finding people your own age

Hi there, don't think there would be many British children on during term time, but not sure about maybe Spanish children?

I don't think there will be many kids on that cruise because of school. Should be people your age and older.

I did a similar cruise a few years ago in early October and it was full of Scottish kids, they have a half-term week at that time of year :)

We frequently cruise the Caribbean in the fall. There aren't a ton of kids but our kids still find enough to have fun. Not sure about the Med but usually there are Australian kids on their summer break during our fall break

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did a 12nt R/T from Barcelona on the Serenade last year - Oct 22-Nov 3. I was 39 at the time, my mom was 65. I never felt "out of place" for my age. There were plenty of people in my age-bracket, but I was usually hanging out with a mix crowd of folks between 35-70 and I had a blast with all of them!

There were some kids on board.... I would estimate around 20-30 (give or take since I obviously didn't see them all in the same place at once). Most of them were probably between 8-16.

I think you and your wife will have a great time and that your son will definitely find other kids to hang out with :)

Melissa

We did a Western Med in November 2008. We did not see many children (the fewest of any cruise we have done). The ship did have a nice balance of adult ages, ranging from mid 20s to 75+. Also a nice mix of nationalities, approx 50% native English speaking, following up by maybe 25% Spanish and a mix of the rest.

Both myself and DH are 27. We have 4 med cruises done all of which were mid to late September. One of these was the Liberty. They were plenty of people our age and lots of kids. So in my opinion you'll be fine.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

We will be getting off the ship when you get on - we have 2 in their 70's - 3 in their early 40's - one 19 year old and 3 younger teens 12-14 . Hopefully there will be plenty of young teens from various nationalities for them to meet.

Last October we did the Serenade out of Barcelona. Very port intensive 12 night cruise. You will NOT be the babies on board. I was surprised there were many 30something on board. I would have guessed the average age was about 45 or so. There were a handful of kids, again it was a 12 nighter. Because it was so port intensive, the kids I saw weren't out and about that much as I would see them at dinner with their families.