Pacific Sky

Skyrules

Pacific Sky left Auckland today bound for my home town of Brisbane.

Hopefully she will have a much more successful season out of Brisbane than her previous one.

I'll lay odds The Courier Mail, which highlighted EVERY problem with Pacific Sky earlier in the year - won't even mention her arrival back.

I have a soft spot for Pacific Sky as I had my first cruise on her last year.

Kym

We are going on the Pacific Sky during its upcoming last season of calling Brisbane its home port.

We had our cruise cancelled earlier in the year due to its gearbox problems, so fingers crossed. This will be our 6th cruise but our 1st on the Sky.

I agree with you about the The Courier Mail only reporting the negatives. The TV stations weren't much better. If it is not sensationalism, they are not interested.

Look forward to getting a review from you after your Star cruise.

I agree with you guys about the reporting of the Pacific Sky problems.

I know it's upsetting for those who were booked on the Sky but had their cruises cancelled in Australia and New Zealand over the last two years. I hope P&O looked after those people for future cruises. But the disapointment on not going on a cruise after looking forward to it for so long must be hell. Thank goodness that's never happened to me (yet).

The Sky is now a reasonably old ship and machanical problems will happen. In my home city the Interisland Company has received a new ferry last year and that things brocken down more than it sails at the moment.

I also have a soft spot for the Sky, and after my cruise on the Sun leaving on 31 August (N526), I think I'll go on her again next year, on one of the upcoming Singapore Departures.

Cheers

Workmates of mine were on the cruise on Pacific Sky last November that turned back halfway to Noumea (2 cruises before the one we did). They were on their honeymoon and came back slightly disappointed. But with their refund they spent a week on the Gold Coast and brought themselves a Plasma TV that they wanted, and still had 5 or 6 days at sea as well. As they say the Plasma TV was P&Os wedding present to them.

Archived