Trip Report.. Cyclades June 05

Gwife

:D Star Flyer looked every bit the same as the brochure so this boded well and we were met with Champagne and nibblies on arrival. Guru’s daughter was keen to see her cabin and was promptly helped by one of the attendants. Cabinsare compact but ample (you spend next to no time in them) but it’s best to only have one person in the cabin getting ready for dinner at a time.

Sunday was near perfect sailing weather, a fair wind and we sailed along..the day just dispappeared lazing and meeting fellow passengers as well as the compulsory life boat drill.

Monday dawned bright sunny and very warm which was just as we wanted. The morning was a beach stop. We lasted about 5 mins before catching the launch back to the boat for watersports. Stretch of pebbly stuff was more accurate and VERY compact. We enjoyed some Banana time before disaster hit in the shape of a huge collision with one another..Guru pulling his shoulder and appearing bloody nosed, Guru’s daughter with a very swollen nose…

Our afternoon tour was to Kusadasi and Epehesus. If you ever get the chance tour the terrace houses. They were breathtaking. Ephesus would be my number 1 site I’ve ever seen. Particularly the roman loos.

The next few days were spent alternating between days on islands and sailing by night/ late afternoon early morning.

Particular favourites would have to be Sifnos (shiny silver sand and we felt like we were in Greece not a tourist destination) and Samos. Pythagoria was a great walking destination and we had space to roam.

Mykonos was exactly as expected and we did the tourist thing of eating in little Venice to watch the Sunset. At this point I was beginning to feel more confident of my choice of Santorini over Mykonos. There were a few sights I realy didn’t think were the right thing for my 10yo to be exposed to continually… besides she is a little too verbal when it comes to expressing disgust!

We arrived back in Athens at sunrise (and boy was it beautiful) and taxied to the airport..totall cost 15 Euro

Archived