King Cesar in La Cuchina

ClarkBHM

Saw this posted on an older thread:

Best unknown secret on the Dawn, at least until repositioning, is to book dinner in LaCuchina and insist to only be sitting in King Cesar's section. When you are seated, don't look at the menu, only tell him what ingredients you prefer not to have. He'll take care of everything and deliver the best upcharge meal you'll have on the Dawn. Trust me, I've done this four times. My final suggestion is that if you intend to go back (we did 3 times our last trip) is to tip him commensurately (at least the $15 upcharge, times 2 for the both of you). Also, if King acknowledges that you understand, be prepared to tip Gil (Virgil) the chief chef accordingly. This is from the voice of experience.

Has anyone else had experience with this? Is it still available? Can you do this on other ships?

Saw this posted on an older thread:

Has anyone else had experience with this? Is it still available? Can you do this on other ships?

If somebody were to suggest to me that they could improperly use the ship's resources (cook's time, ingredients, etc.) in exchange for paying them a cash surcharge, I'd report them to the HD immediately.

That's theft, and an employee stealing is not something any business wants happening.