Pictures

How does that work? Do all photos have to be purchased at the time of the cruise? Or are you able to access them later at home on the computer and possibly select one or two you like?

Once you are off the ship, if you didn't buy the photo CD, then there is no access to photos.

Edited by clarea

Are the pictures cheaper if you pre purchase? I have a bunch of OBC and thought about using some to get photos they're just so darned expensive. If there is a big difference in price maybe I'll prepurchase instead.

I've read here that the photo CD is less expensive pre-cruise.

RCI contracts out their photography services. Check out mycruisephotos.com. If you are 6 weeks or less from the date of your cruise, you should be able to price the packages they offer and pre-purchase if you choose. I have read that prices have varied based on ship, itinerary, time of year, and etc. I also have read that it usually is cheaper to pre-purchase a package, but I have read differing information also.

How does that work? Do all photos have to be purchased at the time of the cruise? Or are you able to access them later at home on the computer and possibly select one or two you like?

Pre purchase is much cheeper.... Usually in the $50 to $100 per package. This is the one area DW and I always splurge on. Depending on the package you purchase (pre cruise or during, it does not matter) you will receive a CD with all your photos taken from your cruise. However, unless you buy the all included package, you will only be allowed to "unlock" the number of photos you have purchased. So out of however many pictures you and your family take during the cruise you can only print and number you pay for.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have decided to splurge and do the cd & all the pictures. Dh laughed and said lets get our money's worth. We're going to get pictures at every port and dinner and have them take multiple shots.

Only concern I have is that dd's will be in a different cabin and my dd is 22. Will they not include her pics ??

We have decided to splurge and do the cd & all the pictures. Dh laughed and said lets get our money's worth. We're going to get pictures at every port and dinner and have them take multiple shots.

Only concern I have is that dd's will be in a different cabin and my dd is 22. Will they not include her pics ??

Technically no.....but we were very nice to the photo staff and waited patiently, and was very understanding and thankful for their help and they let my sister in law be included in my in laws package. But there are also some tricks. If the package is purchased under you and your husbands room then be sure to swipe only your or his card when taking photos on the ship. (The photographers ask for a card to link it with a room) As for port photos be sure that either you or your husband are in the photo with your daughter. Then all those photos will be included In the package. They use facial recognition software so as long as your face is in the picture you should be fine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Technically no.....but we were very nice to the photo staff and waited patiently, and was very understanding and thankful for their help and they let my sister in law be included in my in laws package. But there are also some tricks. If the package is purchased under you and your husbands room then be sure to swipe only your or his card when taking photos on the ship. (The photographers ask for a card to link it with a room) As for port photos be sure that either you or your husband are in the photo with your daughter. Then all those photos will be included In the package. They use facial recognition software so as long as your face is in the picture you should be fine. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you very much!!

I would add to this that it might be possible to pre-arrange this with the photo company directly. Last year when we sailed, I had a few questions about linking a room that our son was in (19 at the time) and in the discussion I was told that there would be no charge for him and the other person in the cabin because of his age. They also told me that if he were older (21+) they would offer the package for 1/2 price IF it is ordered in advance and linked with my booking. Now - that was last year. It might be worth a phone call directly to them to see if that is still the case. I doesn't seem to be advertised anywhere, and I was surprised to hear that this was available.