Reflection or Silhouette?

Brentngigi

Planning a winter trip to the Caribbean and deciding between the Reflection or Silhouette. They have almost identical itineraries and similar pricing, so it comes down to the ship itself.

Does anyone have a favorite and if so, why? Are there any real differences or are they basically the same? Any advice is appreciated!

We are a family of 4 with 2 boys ages 10 and 11 at the time of sailing. We would opt for a Celebrity Suite or higher if that has any impact.

Thanks in advance!

I have only sailed on the Reflection, but both ships are an S-Class type. Either will be wonderful options, but the Reflection is the newest ship in the fleet.

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

Loved the Reflection. Haven't sailed the Silhouette but would eagerly do so given the opprotunity.

My .02 based on my research is I'd give the edge to Reflection. I really enjoyed the Sunset Bar which I think is a bit different on Reflection. They also have added an extra deck, so deck 15 is one continuous deck on Reflection. Also if you are doing Aqua Class you have an extra deck of aqua class room. We were on deck 11 so no noise concerns about pool deck 14 for us.

Hope to sail on all 5 S class ships some day. We love Celebrity.

I had the same dilemma a few months back. After doing some research, and all other things being equal, I went with the Silhouette. Although the Reflection seems to have an improved Sunset Bar and a game room with new electronic table games, it loses points by adding an additional deck of passengers while decreasing public space. Apparently, Reflection does away with the Quasar nightclub and has a smaller Sky Observation Lounge.

Nevertheless, take my comment with a grain of salt, as I have not sailed on either ship. I'm sure that the differences I've stated above are negligible and would go unnoticed by anyone sailing an S-Class ship for the first time. You will have an excellent trip no matter which ship you choose.

Both are great. I would book by dates, prices, and itinerary rather than by the ship. Differences that I noticed:

Sunset bars have different layouts (I think the bar section is bigger on R and the lounge area is tiered and the stairs are in a different place)

R has more tables and chairs outside Oceanview Cafe aft

Aqua Spa Cafe has different layouts

gym and spa are below the pool deck on R and on pool deck on S

Sky Lounge is on the same deck as the pool on R and is half the size as S

Sky Lounge is one deck above pool on S

Oceanview Cafe is on the same deck as the pool on R

Oceanview Cafe is one deck above pool on S

R has a conference center instead of Quasar

There may be others, but as you can see, it really won't affect your cruise.

Would be a bigger difference in choosing between S class ships if you were going for connecting staterooms on S class ships. The Solstice double door design (which I loved) is gone on the Reflection, connecting door there in the wall instead of at the hallway. Not sure on the Silhouette.

Would be a bigger difference in choosing between S class ships if you were going for connecting staterooms on S class ships. The Solstice double door design (which I loved) is gone on the Reflection, connecting door there in the wall instead of at the hallway. Not sure on the Silhouette.

We have booked a Deck 9 balcony on the center hump on the Reflection. It has a connecting door, but the booking agent said it was in the hallway. Is this not correct information from the agent?

We have booked a Deck 9 balcony on the center hump on the Reflection. It has a connecting door, but the booking agent said it was in the hallway. Is this not correct information from the agent?

Yes, your agent is wrong. Apparently on Reflection they have abandoned the clever outer door sharing scheme and have reverted to the in-the-wall door system. But people have reported very little noise due to extra soundproofing so it is probably a non-issue.