Iceland and Norway ports with knee problems

I recently developed a knee issue and my cruise is only 5 weeks away. I bought a walker with a seat but was wondering what kind off issues I will have in the ports and excursions in Iceland and Norway. A friend going with us also is is sing a scooter and we were wondering if we are confined to only using ship tours.

I haven't been to Iceland, but have done a Norwegian fjord's cruise and took a manual wheelchair. We normally don't do ship excursions, but in Norway we didn't do any at all. We did everything on our own and it was easy. You just need to do a bit of research and planning. Have a look on the appropriate forum for ideas and you can also check on Tripadvisor.

I recently developed a knee issue and my cruise is only 5 weeks away. I bought a walker with a seat but was wondering what kind off issues I will have in the ports and excursions in Iceland and Norway. A friend going with us also is is sing a scooter and we were wondering if we are confined to only using ship tours.

Have you checked with cruise lines shore excursion dept. and or the special needs dept. to see if any tours will be provided that have a vehicle with an accessible lift to accommodate a mobility scooter ?

What ports will you be stopping at in Norway so that people on CC can provide the appropriate information?

Iceland - If the port is Reykjavík :

• Public buses within Reykjavík are wheelchair accessible. Buses elsewhere do not have lifts or ramps.
  • The car ferries Baldur (which connects Snæfellsnes Peninsula to the Westfjords), Herjólfur (which connects the Westman Islands to the mainland), and Norröna (which connects Europe to Seyðisfjörður in east Iceland) are all wheelchair accessible.
  • There are a few private tour operators that have one or two accessible vehicles in its fleet but you'll have to search the internet for this information.
  • Also check out this thread regarding the Iceland Golden Circle Tour as it is challenging. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2067472&highlight=iceland

With the scooter a number of operators can put the scooter in the hold of the bus

Not all though

So as stated by others check with cruise line which ones you can do

And there are lots of things close to the ship at alot if these ports

Sent from my iPhone using Forums