Barbados, St Lucia, St Johns, St Maarten OR St Croix, St Kitts, Dominica, Grenada?

Miami-Syracuse

Which of Celebrity's Southern Caribbean itineraries is better for enjoying nature?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of Celebrity's Southern Caribbean itineraries is better for enjoying nature?

• Barbados, St. Lucia, St. John's and St. Maarten
    • St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica and Grenada

Greetings everyone! My wife and I are debating between two different Southern Caribbean itineraries and would appreciate any advice and insight everyone can provide. Both are on Celebrity's Summit, depart from Puerto Rico, include St. Thomas, and sail in October/November, so the only difference is the ports...

Option A - Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten

Option B - St. Croix, St. Kitts, Dominica, Grenada

My wife and I are 35, very active, and love the outdoors. Ideally we'd like to go ATV riding, hiking, horseback riding, and scuba diving. We have zero interest in shopping and really want to focus on enjoying and exploring the natural beauty the islands can provide. So what do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance for any suggestions everyone provides!

Greetings everyone! My wife and I are debating between two different Southern Caribbean itineraries and would appreciate any advice and insight everyone can provide. Both are on Celebrity's Summit, depart from Puerto Rico, include St. Thomas, and sail in October/November, so the only difference is the ports...

My wife and I are 35, very active, and love the outdoors. Ideally we'd like to go ATV riding, hiking, horseback riding, and scuba diving. We have zero interest in shopping and really want to focus on enjoying and exploring the natural beauty the islands can provide. So what do you guys recommend? Thank you in advance for any suggestions everyone provides!

Thant's a tough one. St Lucia and Antigua stand out with their rain forests and many land excursion opportunities, not to mention water-based excursions. But Dominica is a very jungly island with excellent hiking and other options. We haven't visited STX or Grenada so can't compare. We love Barbados for the beaches more than land excursions, and St Martin for the daysail with the Golden Eagle or a secluded beach along the west shore. So not much help I'm afraid but I would pick option A for the natural beauty that we've experienced on those islands.

I think the decision to be made is do you want to experience the "main" islands that are included on many cruises or do you want to get off "the beaten path" and experience something different. I spent a month on St. Croix in the 90's and loved it. I am not sure what it is like now.

Hi, we've done all ports except Grenada...Our choice is Option A...:D:D.. Wasn't crazy about Dominica at all....The rest were fine that we saw. Love all of Option A...Done them so many times and will continue to do them..................Always find something we want to do again...

Hope this helps.

Safe sails and enjoy whatever you choose. I'm sure you will.:)

PS doing Option A, which also includes St. Thomas and PR in Dec. 12 nighter

Edited by UandMe4Ever

I think the decision to be made is do you want to experience the "main" islands that are included on many cruises or do you want to get off "the beaten path" and experience something different. I spent a month on St. Croix in the 90's and loved it. I am not sure what it is like now.

Yes, love that Michelle, but "off the beaten path" islands are just that, they don't have cruise ports.

Depends on what you like to do in ports. St Kitts and Dominica have scenery unlike most other islands. We love both islands. Snorkeling is very unique in Dominica if you like that sort of thing. It is over volcanoes and quite interesting. Likewise Granada is very interesting with good snorkeling and beaches. The main difference in the islands of option b versus optiona is the B has unique topography and less commercialized. That being said, st lucia has beautiful scenery, Barbados has unique sights depending on which coast you go to, and the snorkeling at the national park trail on St John's is also great and St Maarten beaches are lovely. When it is all said and done you will enjoy either. The final deciding point for me would be that less ships port at option b islands so if you think you may cruise again you would be more likely to have a chance at the option a ports on the next cruise. Especially St kitts and Dominica do not have as many ships stopping there. Either way you will love the ports. Two great itineraries.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...