Does the Statendam have a jogging track?

schiltgen

You cannot jog on Lower Promenade on Statendam, Veendam, Maasdam or Ryndam..... the four "S" sisters.

There is a jogging track on the top deck, Sports Deck. It is smaller and does not go all around the deck like LP deck but nevertheless permits jogging.

Edited by sail7seas

Original when the Statendam first came out she had a rubberized jogging track around the smoke stack. After a refit this jogging track was removed and the volleyball/tennis courts were added.

There is no jogging allowed on the covered Promenade Deck because there are passenger cabins underneath. The only place now to jog would be on the deck above the lido going around the covered pool.

I have been told that 11 laps equal a mile on the upper deck. It is hard to run any long distances while onboard the Statendam. I am sometimes in the middle of training for an event so I do my best to get the miles in but those tight corners are hard on the knees. I actually did 110 laps a few times, changing direction with each mile. It was at a slow jog, of course. You cant get any speed on such a small loop, plus, you have to be careful not to bump any fellow cruisers. You cant beat the view though!