New Boarding Times on Allure?

I just got a similar message for the Oasis on this Saturday. Here is part of the message:

"There will be a required U.S. Coast Guard inspection. The ship is not permitted to begin boarding until the inspection has been completed. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks."

I found it interesting how they used terms like "require" and "not permitted" with the coast Guard inspection, so they are in your head when you get to the boarding time section. But at that point they said "To enhance your check-in ... we ask that...". So no, doesn't look like it would be enforced. Just some subliminal messaging I think. :)

I just got a similar message for the Oasis on this Saturday. Here is part of the message:

"There will be a required U.S. Coast Guard inspection. The ship is not permitted to begin boarding until the inspection has been completed. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal based on your assigned decks."

I found it interesting how they used terms like "require" and "not permitted" with the coast Guard inspection, so they are in your head when you get to the boarding time section. But at that point they said "To enhance your check-in ... we ask that...". So no, doesn't look like it would be enforced. Just some subliminal messaging I think. :)

A Coast Guard inspection typically does delay boarding. I would expect some waiting in the terminal.

Thanks for the info. I did a little more research on the inspections and can see that early boarding will not be happening, but maybe we don't have to wait all the way to 230. It's good to have reasonable expectations at the start. Thanks again!

A Coast Guard inspection typically does delay boarding. I would expect some waiting in the terminal.

I'm on Oasis this Saturday...I was surprised to get the message about the Coast Guard inspection, because I thought they had one when the ship returned to the US 2 weeks ago.

There isn't much I can do about it -- if I have to wait in the terminal so be it. There aren't a lot of options when hotels have 11:00 check-outs and someone is toting cruise luggage. I've already arranged and paid for transportation at 11:00, so I'll probably be checking in an hour ahead of their 12:30 request.

I'm on Oasis this Saturday...I was surprised to get the message about the Coast Guard inspection, because I thought they had one when the ship returned to the US 2 weeks ago.

There isn't much I can do about it -- if I have to wait in the terminal so be it. There aren't a lot of options when hotels have 11:00 check-outs and someone is toting cruise luggage. I've already arranged and paid for transportation at 11:00, so I'll probably be checking in an hour ahead of their 12:30 request.

I love all these responses. Let's imagine this request went out in Southampton two weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

This is the case for all boardings in Australia, on all cruise lines. Its been that way for quite a few years. If the queues aren't too long they will let people on early. We are able to check our luggage in from 8.30am though, so at least we don't have to lug it around.

We receive that message too...:confused::confused::confused:

We will be in the Allure this Sunday, and our flight arrives at 9:15am. We are a group of 6 and were planning to arrange transportation directly to the cruise port as we finished at the airport.

The message from RC said we have a boarding time at 2:30pm. Do you have any recommendations on trasportation to the cruise port?

Also, can you give advise on what time usually we disembark from the cruise and if Alamo Rent a Car has an office at the cruise port? Our flight back is on Monday at 8:00pm, so we rented a Mini Van through Alamo and plan to go on Sunday at the Miami Zoo and some shopping on Monday before heading to the airport?

Any advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)!

We receive that message too...:confused::confused::confused:

We will be in the Allure this Sunday, and our flight arrives at 9:15am. We are a group of 6 and were planning to arrange transportation directly to the cruise port as we finished at the airport.

The message from RC said we have a boarding time at 2:30pm. Do you have any recommendations on trasportation to the cruise port?

Also, can you give advise on what time usually we disembark from the cruise and if Alamo Rent a Car has an office at the cruise port? Our flight back is on Monday at 8:00pm, so we rented a Mini Van through Alamo and plan to go on Sunday at the Miami Zoo and some shopping on Monday before heading to the airport?

Any advise will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)!

Transportation to the port is as simple as a taxi. They are plentiful and the drive to the port is short, so they are inexpensive as well.

This is not being enforced.

Just off Allure for the 11/2 sailing and had a cabin on Deck 12. According to the OP - 2:30 is my call time - I was on board the ship at 12:00, had lunch, explored the ship, and in my cabin all well before 2:30 and no one batted an eye.

As others have suggested, I am guessing this is an attempt to string the crowds out a bit.

Arrive when you like (as long as you get on board safely!) and you should be just fine.

• 1 month later...
Scheduled to leave on January 11, 2015. Some of us are Platinum so can board early - others in our group are at 3pm - the last boarding time. We would like to get on earlier. Can you tell me if they are enforcing this?

Not being enforced in US ports.

• 9 months later...

So what time is the EARLIEST that one can arrive at Port Everglades for the Oasis/Allure?

I sailed on the Allure back in 2011, and we stood in line at the security screening until they opened! I was obsessed at the time with being one of the first on the ship.

I was the 42nd passenger on board that time!!! This time, I am way less obsessed with being on board first. But just want to plan!

Thanks!!