Sunday / Horseshoe / Special Bus

FairportNY

Now I'm confused. I thought there already was a 'mini-bus' which cost $14 round trip to go to the beach. What happened to that? Or is that mini-bus now this, but they did away with the public "express/special" bus?

Bummer, because my family of five is going to buy the bus/ferry pass, and we aren't going to spend an extra $80 to just go to one beach on Sunday. Even if the kids are less (which it doesn't say), it's still going to cost more than I want to spend, since we are already going to be paying for the pass.

It's now $16 round trip for the mini bus shuttles and they did away with the "special" express buses to the beach. (By the way, $14 was never an official or regulated price for the shuttles...you might have paid more...you might have paid less. $16 is now an official regulated price.)

Edited by njhorseman

I am only going on fact I got from Bermuda Bus, it is a ‘Special’ and that would take cash (coin only), ticket, or pass, and it runs at the discretion of the supper visor on duty. My guess would be amount of riders (time, weather and daylight dependent) impacts ridership – but, I will ask the supervisor what the anticipated last bus time back is . Details on fare are at http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_501_0_0_43/http;/ptpublisher.gov.bm;7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/public_transportation_board/dept___ptb___bermuda_buses___fares/ptb_bermuda_buses_fares.html?qid=24905215&rank=3 two years ago my under 16 were ½ price when I bought passes at Dock Yard. With shorter summer nights - I am questioning if it is worth it with the RCL 3PM arrival on Sunday to try and do Horseshoe.

---E Mail from Bermuda Bus:

Good day Brian,

Yes, these buses will be available on August 17th to service Horseshoe Bay and return. However, because these buses are additional to our scheduled service, they are utilized on demand and at the discretion of the supervisor on duty. These supervisors will remain on duty at Horseshoe Bay until the demand diminishes, which previously has been between the hours of 6:00pm and 7:00pm.

It would be advisable to query this with the supervisor on duty at the time of your travel to Horseshoe Bay; as, as I stated previously the buses are dispatched according to demand.

I hope this information has been helpful. Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Tori

I am only going on fact I got from Bermuda Bus, it is a ‘Special’ and that would take cash (coin only), ticket, or pass, and it runs at the discretion of the supper visor on duty. My guess would be amount of riders (time, weather and daylight dependent) impacts ridership – but, I will ask the supervisor what the anticipated last bus time back is . Details on fare are at http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_0_501_0_0_43/http;/ptpublisher.gov.bm;7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/public_transportation_board/dept___ptb___bermuda_buses___fares/ptb_bermuda_buses_fares.html?qid=24905215&rank=3 two years ago my under 16 were ½ price when I bought passes at Dock Yard. With shorter summer nights - I am questioning if it is worth it with the RCL 3PM arrival on Sunday to try and do Horseshoe.

---E Mail from Bermuda Bus:

Good day Brian,

Yes, these buses will be available on August 17th to service Horseshoe Bay and return. However, because these buses are additional to our scheduled service, they are utilized on demand and at the discretion of the supervisor on duty. These supervisors will remain on duty at Horseshoe Bay until the demand diminishes, which previously has been between the hours of 6:00pm and 7:00pm.

It would be advisable to query this with the supervisor on duty at the time of your travel to Horseshoe Bay; as, as I stated previously the buses are dispatched according to demand.

I hope this information has been helpful. Should you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Tori

I'll guarantee that the person who emailed you had no idea about the new mini bus shuttle because it was introduced without a prior announcement. No one knew it was coming except for a few higher-ups and no one knew the "special" buses were being eliminated.

Whether additional adjustments to service are made in response to the problems that have arisen remains to be seen, but as of today the "specials" have been replaced by the mini bus shuttles.

That late on a Sunday I would head to Snorkel Park I think.

Or I would do all my shopping at the Dockyard, rum cake and glass factory so my last day would be free and I could enjoy something else on the Island.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The snorkel park because you can walk to it, correct? Thanks!

As of 8/4 the "special" bus is no longer being provided. A new shared shuttle at the cost of $16 rd. trip is now being offered. The govt. bus #7 is still being run but only as the full route, not direct to/from Horseshoe Beach. This has caused some issues and lines. :(.