Spa Day Pass through your Concierge

ClarkBHM

Has anyone ever tried to get a day pass for the Spa through your concierge when they're otherwise sold out? There are a lot of days in port for our upcoming cruise, so a week long pass won't be worthwhile (for us), but I'm worried that we might not be able to get a day pass either.

I am cruising in 8 days and was wondering the same thing. I was on the Gem last year (an again soon) and know that they only sell a limited number of Spa passes for the week. If these passes do not sell out then they sell what ever is left over as day passes. I would think that if the weekly spa passes sell out that there would be no day passes period the end. I do not think that the concierge would be able to help with this. I was told by the spa personal that they sell as many passes an they have in lockers in the mens and ladies rooms combined. I think that the number is quite low. On my trip last year, the weekly passes sold out so no day passes were sold at all. I did get the weekly pass last year and loved it but this year I am going with my husband and he will not use the spa so I thought I would try for a day pass for one day with my $30 spa credit that I got as a booking promotion. Hopefully they will not be sold out and I hope that I can use this credit for a day pass instead of a service. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Has anyone ever tried to get a day pass for the Spa through your concierge when they're otherwise sold out? There are a lot of days in port for our upcoming cruise, so a week long pass won't be worthwhile (for us), but I'm worried that we might not be able to get a day pass either.

I added a request for two spa passes to my return email listing our choices for pillows, liquor etc... When we met up with Carlos in the lounge before boarding the Gem, he stated there would be someone in the Star bar taking care of passes. I didn't have to remind him. We were able to get our passes before we went into Cagneys for lunch. There's was no need to wade through the masses of people. I would try an email to the pre-concierge giving them a heads up that you will want day passes. Then you can check with them as soon as you board. Good luck!

I added a request for two spa passes to my return email listing our choices for pillows, liquor etc... When we met up with Carlos in the lounge before boarding the Gem, he stated there would be someone in the Star bar taking care of passes. I didn't have to remind him. We were able to get our passes before we went into Cagneys for lunch. There's was no need to wade through the masses of people. I would try an email to the pre-concierge giving them a heads up that you will want day passes. Then you can check with them as soon as you board. Good luck!

Wait were these day passes or week passes that you requested?

Wow, you did better than we did!!! On out Jewel cruise in January our concierge sent us to the spa to take care of it ourselves. Come to think of it, we pretty much ended up doing all the arrangements ourselves except for rebooking excursions that the weather impacted. (Polar vortex chill all the way to Belize.). BUT we DID give ourselves a generous tip. :). Hoping for a better concierge on the Getaway.....

We wanted a day pass for our sea days on day 7 or 8 of our Jade cruise in March. On day 1 or 2, we asked the concierge if this was possible and she asked us to remind her the night before day 7. We did and she contacted the spa manager who told her it was no problem and that we needed to go to the spa to purchase the day pass. When we arrived, they offered a 3 day pass for the rest of the cruise for $60 each. We knew we wouldn't use the last day because we were in port all day, but we really enjoyed the spa the other days. It wasn't crowded at all the days we went to the thermal suite area, but I also didn't see any day spa passes advertised in the dailies like I did on the Star last year.