Transatlantic Cordon Bleu

We are booked on the April Voyager crossing and are enrolled in the Cordon Bleu class

When we received our final documents there was no mention of the Cordon Bleu class. Our travel agent advised "not to worry that we are enrolled and any further information will be received on board". I expected some advance information and, at least, a notation that we are enrolled noted in the documentation.

Am I worrying too much?

Any comments/experiece.

Thanks

Hi, Chesterfield,

I took this class on the Mariner in 2002. As I recall, there was nothing in my documents about it. I received information about the first meeting via a note left in my cabin. It directed me to come to one of the lounges at a particular time. There, we met our teacher, divided into class groups, and learned our class schedule and how things would work.

The way your TA explained it to you is how it worked for me. I hope you really enjoy the class and I hope you'll write a review of your cruise when you return.

MarnaLou

I was on the Mariner for the Cordon Bleu class. There was nothing in our docs, but, we inquired on board and yes, they send you an invitation and then divide everyone into groups. It was very fun. They partnered us to split the cooking chores. If you hear about the group that caught Latitudes on Fire, my partner, Ridolphi and I will take credit for that. All the ships officers showed up and they had a full on fire drill for everyone but the passengers. The kitchen crew had the fire out before it spread. We were making crepes and they were having trouble with the tableside french cooking cart we were using and while Joann was cooking the stove just went "poof" and blew the doors off. The best part is that she ran off with the pan in hand so as not to ruin our crepe filling!

Kathy

6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda

9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada

5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal

6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural

5/02-Millennium - Carribbean

12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean

1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

Hey, cooking class partner

I'm also enrolled in the class, and it didn't show up on my documents either. My travel agent ran a copy of the itinerary with the itemized charges listed just to be safe.

See you on board!

JoAnne

Well I feel better. Guess that we won't be standing outside of Latitudes looking in. Hope we don't set the place on fire like ChatKat's experience! By the way did the crepes turn out OK!

Thanks for all the replies.

Curiouscruiser you can find which cruises have the class on the RSS web site - they are listed under "Spotlight Cruises".

Neal

Yes, the crepes were most excellent. I have made them at home as well!

Kathy

6/2/04-Navigator Bermuda

9/22/04-Navigator NYC/Canada

5/03-Mariner - Panama Canal

6/01-Mariner-Alaska Inaugural

5/02-Millennium - Carribbean

12/97-RCCL Splendor of The Seas - Carribbean

1998/1993/1991 RCCL Viking Serenade

Archived