Bringing wine on ship

If you want to have the wine with dinner, just open the bottle in your room, pour a glass and take it to dinner with you. No corkage fee this way.

Enjoy your cruise.

Craig

That's what we do ; no corkage fee for us .

We brought two VERY nice bottles of wine with us. The first night they charged us corkage, but they fawned all over us, bringing special glasses and an elaborate uncorking. The second bottle, equally nice, they did the same thing but did not charge us corkage. The fee is $25 btw, which we expected and did not mind, for the service of serving it to us.

Edited by Wheeling_family_of_3

Just a word of advise but make sure you have something to open it. On our recent NOS cruise we won the meet and mingle bottle:) needless to say I didn't have a corkscrew so asked cabin steward and was told they had had all their corkscrews taken off them :eek: luckily I managed to find someone kind enough to lend me theirs:D

It is also best to carry the two bottles on board as oppose to packing it in your checked luggage.

This is excellent advice, in fact, when we recently boarded the Enchantment in Port Canaveral, the porter taking our luggage asked us if there were any bottles of wine in our luggage. We were able to answer him honestly "no" because we always take ours in our carry-ons.