Lousy Choice for Alaskan Cruises

karenh1127

We really need to cruise in mid June because my sons don't graduate until the first week of June and hubby and I work for schools. Once July gets here one son will be busy getting ready to go off to college :( and attend freshman camp. We have never seen Alaska so anything will be awesome! We just seem to be married to Carnival and after 15 cruises with them, not one single bad cruise!:)

We really need to cruise in mid June because my sons don't graduate until the first week of June and hubby and I work for schools. Once July gets here one son will be busy getting ready to go off to college :( and attend freshman camp. We have never seen Alaska so anything will be awesome! We just seem to be married to Carnival and after 15 cruises with them, not one single bad cruise!:)

You sound like us. We are doing the same itinerary for the 3rd time in January and taking our younger kids out of school so we can cruise with our older son. It was the only time he could get away from work and college. We also have never had a bad cruise with CCL and booked early enough to try a new OV suite on the Sunshine.

I think your focus should be on the fact you will be together exploring new places. After your kids are older you can take a land/cruise tour of Alaska. Maybe try to get an upgraded cabin and indulge there rather than in the itinerary. Just don't go into it being frustrated.

We've booked Carnival for Alaska for next summer. I guess now I'm worried and confused. I priced HAL & RCL (11,000), Princess (17,000), Disney (28,000) and Carnival (8,500). The prices just weren't in comparison to Carnival. There are 7 of us, 4 adults and 3 kids. We want balconies. I actually booked parents in aft wrap balcony for that price.

The ports look basically the same. We have to do round trip due to price of flights. So what exactly makes Carnival so bad in Alaska? The four city towns are the same. It does Tracy Arm instead of Glacier Bay. I understand it might not be the elite Alaskan cruise, but I'm curious now as to why we will come away feeling like we didn't see Alaska. Advice? :confused:

We did the Carnival Cruise in June 2013 and it was our most enjoyable cruise we have ever taken. Do not second guess yourself. We read posts as such stating that Carnival was the "minor league" in Alaska. So not true. In fact Carnival laid a foundation for us to go back to Alaska and do a north or south bound cruise in the future. Since Carnival does not do these routes we will be forced to use another carrier.