Does Carnival allow us to take Leatherman PST Multitool onboard?

Arctic Ace

Does Carnival allow us to take Leatherman PST Multitool onboard? The only issue I could think of is that it has a small 7cm blade/knife on it.

Leatherman has followed us two decades where ever we travel. Ofcourse we don't have it on carry on baggage when going to airports (it's in our luggage).

prod_3329.jpg

They took mine. After luggage didn't arrive, we got a letter telling us to report to security and was told it was a prohibited item and wasn't allowed on board. They couldn't hold it to the end of the cruise, and I had to forfeit it. Wasn't pleased about it.

In San Juan they told a friend of ours he couldn't bring his onboard. It wasn't the blade that was prohibited, it was the pliers. He had to bury it in one of the big flowerpots outside of the terminal. Fortunately, it was still there when we got back from our cruise.

Don't bring one unless you are prepared to lose it. Tools are one of the prohibited categories.

I have seen them confiscated and tossed. If you drive to the port, they might let you take it back to your car.

Yes, some will get lucky and have a lazy security person checking their luggage.

I carry something different. It's a multitool that, when folded, will attach itself to a keychain. Maybe two inches at the most.

Never had a problem with it. It doesn't have blades but does have a plier, screwdrivers and , IIRC, a file.

I bring a pair of round nose nail scissors for opening any packaging.

Similar to this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000056VTW/ref=mp_s_a_1_17?qid=1405790400&sr=8-17&pi=SX200_QL40#

Edited by SadieN

I was on a cruise in May... I had taken a mini manicure set in my checked baggage. I was surprised that it was actually taken out of the bag and rummaged through (yes, I know it was because the items were not in the holders anymore and it was still partly unzipped. There was no note stating why it was gone through but that bag arrived an hour after all the others arrived (I almost went to Guest Services to look for it because we had FTTF and I was fearful that it would never arrive)....

So, I would say, don't be surprised if it is confiscated..