Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm Fjord

cdnphotogirl

Looking to do an Alaskan Cruise from San Fran next year. Which is better Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm Fjord? I am leaning towards Glacier Bay but not 100% committed yet. Thanks for your opinions.

Glacier Bay for me!

If seeing a glacier calve is on your bucket list, then Glacier Bay is the pick. In Tracy Arm, you only see the Sawyer Glacier from a distance and will not see calving

We went to Tracy Arm last summer, got quite close to the glacier and did see a lot of calving. It was our favorite day of the cruise, just a wonderful experience. Sailing down the fjord was amazing. I can't speak for Glacier Bay but Tracy Arm was not disappointing.

I just got back from a HAL cruise to Alaska and Tracy Arm. I can't comment on Glacier Bay as this was our first trip to Alaska. We all felt the day spent in Tracy Arm was magical! The scenery is stunning, the water colour a beautiful teal/aqua. The day we were in Tracy Arm was sunny, no wind, the sea like glass. We got all the way in, as far as cruise ships can. We had a beautiful view of the glacier and did see it calving.

We were told that our cruise on the Zaadam was only it's second cruise this season to get all the way to the end, so we felt very fortunate.