Egg crate mattress covers

Good evening, everyone. I am new to Carnival, having sailed 3 times with NCL. My DH and I are looking to sail from Baltimore next summer as part of our 25th anniversary trip. I was wondering if passengers can request foam egg crate toppers for the mattresses? I did a forum search and saw different answers. If the covers are still available, how do you go about requesting one? On NCL, one simply goes to Guest Services upon boarding the ship. Thank you, in advance.

Haven't been able to get egg crate for quite awhile now, but I have found the steward is happy to add a extra comforter under in place of the egg crate which makes the bed at least a bit softer.

Not that I find the beds terribly hard but the little bit of cushioning helps.

Travelled solo on some of my cruises and quickly found that the beds varied quite a bit hard to softer, always ended up picking the softer twin, but with two people lose that option:)

We were on the Breeze last month and asked our steward for one for the couch/bed for my son. For some reason, it was the hardest couch we have ever had on Carnival. He said he wasn't able to get one but would find something in the laundry room the next day. He put another comforter under the sheets and it helped some.

Tina

We were on the Breeze last month and asked our steward for one for the couch/bed for my son. For some reason, it was the hardest couch we have ever had on Carnival. He said he wasn't able to get one but would find something in the laundry room the next day. He put another comforter under the sheets and it helped some.

Tina

Wow! Guess the couch/bed could certainly be a place that might not be very comfy while the beds are! Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

LuLu

We take our own. We use a space saver bag. You can use the stewards vac on the last day. We get ours down to fit into a carry on.

Carnival beds are better than NCL, at least that is what we've found but haven't sailed on NCL since 2011

Edited by Ocean Spirit

I have always thought the beds were comfy and the couch/bed has always been pretty good. My son sleeps on them and we sit on them. But for some reason the one on this cruise was hard as a rock. I sat down on it when we got to the cabin and it was like sitting on a piece of concrete. No give, no anything. Ha ha. It was the first time I ever asked the steward for something to pad it with. The comforter helped some but it wasn't like the couches on past cruises. My son was fine with it, he would sleep on the floor as long as he was on a ship!

Tina

We just got off the Breeze last Sunday, and I have to say, more days than NOT, we ALL woke up with sore backs.:mad::mad:

Last year on the Breeze, the bed was SO comfy, and this year, not so much.:mad:

The kicker is, we had the same exact cabin, so I can guarantee, it was a new mattress that wasn't broken in.

Still didn't ruin my cruise and just made me do some early morning stretches.

lol